Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
Does 4.1 fix the current stand hour not showing in the activity app if you haven’t gotten it yet? That little pulsating indicator almost never shows up for me on 4.0. It does if I force quit the app and relaunch it.

dereknas

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2014
Just wondering if I can pair my watch which already installed with 4.1 beta after restoring my phone to iOS 11.0.1.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Does 4.1 fix the current stand hour not showing in the activity app if you haven’t gotten it yet? That little pulsating indicator almost never shows up for me on 4.0. It does if I force quit the app and relaunch it.

Nope. I can confirm that 4.1 beta does not fix this issue. A comment was also made about changing the Wheelchair setting in the Health app to None, rather than Not Set, but this did not fix it for me either. Hopefully the next beta

pnerd

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2013
SF Bay
Just to answer some questions about compatibility: I am on the 11.0 GM and running 4.1 Beta just fine.

Beware, I could not get iOS 11.01 to pair with watchOS 4.1b1. I was able to update a watch from watchOS 4.0 to 4.1b1 and all was fine. But if I try to pair a new watch, the Watch app would hang on one of the early screens (I don't remember which) trying to talk to the watch. I tried this several times with the same results. I finally updated the phone to iOS 11.1b1 and the pairing succeeded.

I want to reinforce the earlier comments on 4.1b1 performance. The speed up in launching apps is dramatically improved on both Series 0 and Series 1/2. On Series 0, most first-party apps now launch in 3-4 seconds, versus 5-6 seconds on 4.0. Series 0 4.1b1 is now about the same speed at launching apps as Series 2 running 4.0. I tested this by rebooting and waiting about 10 minutes for the system to settle down. Great job Apple engineers!

Last edited:

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Nope. I can confirm that 4.1 beta does not fix this issue. A comment was also made about changing the Wheelchair setting in the Health app to None, rather than Not Set, but this did not fix it for me either. Hopefully the next beta

I think it's an iOS issue not just a watchos one... I opened activity on my phone, then on my watch, current hour was pulsating... a few seconds later the activity app on the phone has caught up with the watch and POOF the current hour disappears from my watch. (4.0 public release)

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Just got notification for WatchOS 4.1 Developer Beta without being a beta developer and without having any beta profile installed. How can I disable this?

ad931

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Athens, Greece
I'm seeing poorer battery life with 4.1b1. In the watch app, usage and standby times are identical.
Same here, definitely worse with this beta. off the charger at 6am and i still had 100% at 12noon with OS4. Now at 90% within 4 hours. it appears that when not on wifi with this beta battery consumption is much worse.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
Doesn’t show for me. I’m running 4.1

I really hope this isn’t intentional. It can’t be, right? That indicator was invaluable.

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Same here, definitely worse with this beta. off the charger at 6am and i still had 100% at 12noon with OS4. Now at 90% within 4 hours. it appears that when not on wifi with this beta battery consumption is much worse.
I hard-reset both the watch and iPhone this afternoon and the battery is much better now. Only lost 2% in 3 hours.

Reactions: AppleKarma

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
I have been having issues with then handoff between wifi and cellular connections. The cellular doesn't seem to register with Siri, radio, nor do I get my notifications like I did before the beta. Sad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.