apple watch as a health & wellness device - want to convince work

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Anarchy99, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    my significant other's company has a $1000 health and wellness bonus to use up before the end of the year.
    the company allows for pretty much any sport and/or equipment under the sun, and other things like that but honestly we have no interest in that.

I then noticed that they allow health trackers and it got me thinking...
    they specifically mention: fitbit's, bellabeat health trackers, Garmin Vivo fit, other Garmin fitness trackers e.g. Garmin GPS golf watch, dive watch.
    then generic listings like:
    blood oxygen monitors, heartrate monitors and pedometer's

The surprising omission was the lack of Apple watch.

Anyway, the back of the paperwork mentions that anything not on The list but not specifically in the the exclusions list you can submit a written case for.

So basically I need to play up all the health benefits of the Apple watch while downplaying the fact that is the best overall smartwatch for other stuff and then HR will either approve it or disprove it.

Being Canadian I won't get ECG support frankly I don't know what I should write to convince HR.

I know it's a pedometer and it can detect heartbeat but I worry they would come back with while what makes it unique versus a garmin (for health purposes)
    Perhaps I'm overthinking this but I was charged with preparing the letter which my S.O will submit to the corporate overlords.

so if you were in my shoes what would you point out makes it worth it?

Thanks

2. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I would venture over to the Apple website for the Apple Watch. They really tout the watch as a health device more than anything else these days, and the site might have the information you're seeking.

3. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

This kind of feels like I’m in high school and you are asking me to do your homework for you. Ha ha ha. Copy and paste from apples website. Done.

4. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

basically yeah, I felt that way too. lol
    In all honesty I have no idea what a corporate letter to HR should look like.

If it was me it would be two bullet points: is a pedometer and heart rate monitor and that would be the end of it.

then again honestly if I was listing off activity devices it would be first on the list or at least in the top three in the fact that it didn't make it makes me wonder if they want more than my half snarky list of two features.

realistically I'll probably write something up along the lines of sure it's got these two things but it integrates better and thus works better because it's built-in rather than using a third-party app.

but I figured in a forum full of Apple fanatics and more specifically in a sub-forum full of Apple Watch fanatics someone might have a unique perspective and if not it didn't hurt to ask.