Apple Watch connection question

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Knowlege Bomb, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Hey all. I hope this is in the right place.

I'm running the public beta on my iPhone 7 and WatchOS 3.2.2. Everything was fine up until yesterday when I noticed my ring data was not being synced to the Activity app. I'm still receiving notifications but every now and then I'll get the indicator at the top of the watch face saying there's no connection to the phone. So now I have a full day of activity with three rings filled missing and everything I've completed so far today.

I assume I'm going to have to unpair and re-pair the watch to get things going again but if I do that I'm sure I'll lose my activity from yesterday since it won't be included in my iTunes backup. I realize that's a small amount of data compared to what some are losing but I'd ideally like to get things up and running normally without losing anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read and any suggestions you may have.

Edited to add that the Apple Watch is not showing up in the list of bluetooth devices within Settings.

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68

Happened to me as well...unpair and repair fixed it (although, still not getting weather updates as part of the complication I use...)

3. Rvsymmot macrumors newbie

Rvsymmot

I'm having major issues with my Watch on PB2. Battery, pairing and other issues. Tried unpaid + restore from backup. Might have to setup as new.

4. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I unpaired and reset the watch. There was a backup from earlier in the day to which I restored but I still lost my activity data from the current and previous days.

5. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Well,folks,seems like you guys made a minor mistake. Installing beta versions on devices you use for daily activities,or as your only device is sometimes not a very good choice. I certainly hope your problems will be solved.
    Try this:
    1. Unpair watch
    2. Turn off Apple Watch app completely (also be sure it's not running in background)
    3. Restart phone and watch
    4. Pair them with the watch app

6. shearm macrumors member

shearm

did this fix the notification issue?

7. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

It did. It also fixed the issue of my activity data not syncing to the Activity app. I reported it with the Feedback app and now just hoping that it doesn't happen again as I have no idea what could have possibly caused it.

8. shearm macrumors member

shearm

Quite a mess. I un-paired and restored the watch, and half of my stock apps -- mail, find my friends, etc. were only half-installed on the watch. going through the process again now. sigh.