Apple Watch customer satisfaction very high according to Wristly survey

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'm going to take a wild guess that no one in the media will be reporting on this survey as it doesn't fit the Apple Watch is a flop meme. Who cares what average consumers think when you can quote designers and techies in San Francisco who think it's a dud.

http://www.wristly.co/#!Tomy-actually-said-Tim-should-be-proud/c1rn3/55ac84a10cf22effe2e0b033
    http://media.wix.com/ugd/bbfb8a_2ea66bffc09b40d099237bb8381346f1.pdf
    [​IMG]

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Fortune has the same on their website titled "Apple Watch Satisfaction is Off the Charts".

I assume we will see posts saying it was just the fanboys that were in the surgery to get 97% satisfaction.

3. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Wow. Only 1% said they were dissatisfied. That's impressive.

So I guess it's true: The complainers really do gravitate towards MacRumors and other online fora for a good moan. Explains a lot ;)

Everyone else just quietly gets on with life :)

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Reminds me of all those people here posting something along the lines of "ermahgerd, I'm asking myself how high the AW return quote is because I'm totally not satisfied with it, so everyone else gotta feel the same.."...

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

From Ben Bajarin's comments it seems like those most critical of Watch are early adopter techies and those who really had to think about it i.e. tech and other media publications that reviewed the Watch. That tracks with some of the recent negative Watch stories as the focus has been on what techies and designers from The Valley think not what ordinary consumers outside the tech bubble and Bay Area think.

6. Alith macrumors 6502

This. Forum users and techies are an infinitesimally small percent of the consumer base. Considering the reactions I've had to Apple Pay in the UK in the last week of using it I'd say that most Average Jo's view of it is that it's so futuristic that it's akin to witchcraft. (Apart from the Apple haters who want it but can't have it because they are trapped in a two year phone contract with an Android phone).

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Based on some of this comments in the "I've sold/returned my Watch because…." thread, it doesn't seem like they actually thought about it. Many of them had unrealistic expectations of it like expecting it to be more than an iPhone companion or they're "bored" with it, indicating they erroneously thought they would be engaging with it more often.

8. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Assuming 3 million Apple Watches were sold this means that there are 90,000 dissatisfied users. One is Nilay Patel, the rest are here on the MacRumors Forums.

9. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Geez. There's another thread on this subject over here: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...er-satisfaction-among-early-adopters.1902078/

As predicted, all the usual suspects have scurried in there and are having a field day talking trash. You know, cynicism is helpful in small doses, but some just love to wallow in it. Like it's their raison d'être.

Not healthy.

10. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I agree, most who didn't/don't like the watch had unrealistic expectations of what it was supposed to be or do. There are some legitimate concerns that need to be adressed in future updates with this watch but I, and most who have a realistic view if a first generation product, know that Apple will address most and that it will get better with time
    My complaints don't affect how I would rate the watch as a whole.

11. concentrateddon macrumors newbie

concentrateddon

I'm not sure that "Wristly" survey is newsworthy - not because it doesn't fit the "Apple Watch is a Flop" meme, but because Wristly is devoted to Apple Watch. They're not an analysis firm, except as self-proclaimed. They don't list any analysis skills or analysts on their "About" page. There's no particular reason that survey or their charts are more meaningful than something I cooked up myself. If they were a known firm with a track record of objective, meaningful surveys, then sure. But an "analysis firm" whose logo is an Apple Watch home screen isn't exactly screaming "objective analysis."

12. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

This was partly Apple's fault. Its marketing campaign was ludicrously overhyped.

I allowed myself to get a little sucked in to it all. I'd never really watched an Apple keynote before. I found it faintly sinister. People joke about iSheep but there really was a cult feel to it.

For example, they had me thinking that Apple had invented some entirely new kind of steel. Turns out they use the same steel all good watch manufacturers use.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Did you actually mean aluminum, because they never claim a new kind of SS? The Watch Sport uses Apple's custom Series 7000 aluminum, which is supposedly 60% stronger than most aluminum. In other words, they started with 7000 Series aluminum and altered it to create a new alloy. In fact, there's rumor that the next generation iPhone could adopt the same custom aluminum used in the Watch Sport.

14. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Thanks for clarifying that, when I went to the Wristly page on my iPad, it wouldn't open, which I assumed was because it was Flash based. It's also opt-in, which means the people who love their Watches want to be there. And it's based on a survey of 800 people. I'm not sure how effective a sample that is either. It's like going to a baseball game and asking a group of home team fans wearing team hats and T-shirts, how satisfied they are with their team during a successful season.

And of course there's this statement: "Specifically, while 31% of our panelists are “somewhat” satisfied with the
    Watch, an astounding 66% are already “very satisfied / delighted” by it."

Clearly "somewhat" satisfied is not only undefined, but is reported in the pejorative, leaving only 66% of the remaining participants who are giving it top marks. 66% is not exactly a runaway hit, but it still ranks pretty high, especially in a brand new product, and is reflected in the predicted sales numbers.

So again, I'm with you, why is this questionable "survey" being touted as such an amazing accomplishment. It's clear the Watch is doing well. Is there so much bad press that any positive news makes the headlines? All things considered, I'd rather Apple not embrace something as suspect as this "report". It just makes them look desperate, when clearly there is no need to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.