Apple Watch Deals - $70 off at Target and Best Buy

Spartanfan01

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2017
Just bought gold 38mm from Apple last week. Saw that BestBuy has the same one for $70 off so I oredered one to pick up,from the store. Will be returning the one to Apple tomorrow and pick up,the new one from BestBuy. Thankfully if for some radon Apple won't give me a refund I can just cancel the BestBuy order. They will hold it for a week.

Reactions: Arran

shockedlattice

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Is the $70 off on a Nike 42mm Apple Watch the best anyone has seen right now? I've been wanting one for a long time, but never took the plunge. If this is a good deal I might jump on it.

Thanks!

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I had a friend get their at BB the last week of April. BB will really credit you back the difference?
As long as your friend is within the return/exchange period. If they lower their in-store or online price during the return and exchange period, they will match that lower price.

The return/exchange period will depend on whether your friend is a standard member (15 days), elite member (30 days) or elite plus member (45 days). If your friend bought it less than 15 days ago, your friend is good to go either way.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
This offer is perfectly timed; I ordered a refurb S2 from Apple a few days ago for pick up (I'm currently visiting Florida from the UK), but have just cancelled and bought one from BB.

westcoastcyc

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2012
I was surprised that Nike.com wouldn't price match Best Buy, I bought a watch with them last week. Just initiated a return with them since I am within my 14 day return period.

Arran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Any thoughts on how long this sale will last? I'm not sure I'll have the money set aside for this yet. Maybe they'll do this again for Fathers Day.
Possibly? You have to keep a close watch on the retailer's websites, but there's usually a good deal every couple of months. If it's not watches on sale, then it's bands or accessories.

Good to see a few have benefitted from this. 70 bucks is 70 bucks! :)

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Target also gives a 5% discount if you use their RedCard. It takes the money off right away.

It can be used as either a credit card or a debit card. I use it where it's a debit card and takes money directly out of my checking account. Anyone can do that one without a credit history.

38mm Series 1 for $190.
42mm Series 1 for $218.50.

And price-matching Best Buy... you can get a
38mm Series 2 for $285 at Target. $85 off!
42mm Series 2 for $313.50 at Target. $86.50 off!

Spartanfan01

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2017
Target also gives a 5% discount if you use their RedCard. It takes the money off right away.

It can be used as either a credit card or a debit card. I use it where it's a debit card and takes money directly out of my checking account. Anyone can do that one without a credit history.

38mm Series 1 for $190.

That's actually what I ended up doing! I realized that I could get the additional 5% off with my Target Redcard so I cancelled my Best Buy order and picked up the same silver with white band by price matching Best Buy. Ended up $85 off!

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Went to BB this morning and picked up a Nike+ this morning for $330 plus tax. Gave my 1st gen to my lady friend. This was a pretty solid deal.

yang88she

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
ATL
Went to BB this morning and picked up a Nike+ this morning for $330 plus tax. Gave my 1st gen to my lady friend. This was a pretty solid deal.
Thanks, used my 1st gen as a trade in for an additional $81.00 off + $5.00 off reward, so $262.44 for a new updated version.

w00t, thanks for info on the sales

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona

38mm Series 1 for $190.

Yea I never buy anything at Target without using the RedCard. Mine is their credit card version but I usually just pay the same amount of my purchase right after the purchase transaction is completed. Well, I am a little more cautious now after doing that with a 4K TV on Black Friday that I found out was a "Black Friday model" (missing a few things such as Bluetooth and RF remote) whereas Sam's had the full model for a little cheaper. I returned it unopened but since I had already paid my Red Card for the amount of the TV when buying it Target/RedCard ended up sending me a check in the mail a few days later for the amount I had now overpaid.

Oh, Target had this $70 off sale a few months ago too--and I bought a 42mm Series 1 at that time.

Mike

CrazedVW

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2005
Sandston, Virginia
Picked up a Series 1 yesterday to replace my Series 0. Did the same with my wife's Series 0 earlier the week. (And sold her Series 0 to cover most of the cost a day later.) She didn't notice much of a difference but I use more apps and while it's not a big speed difference it was noticeable to me at least and worth the price to upgrade at the sale price.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Picked up a Series 1 yesterday to replace my Series 0. Did the same with my wife's Series 0 earlier the week. (And sold her Series 0 to cover most of the cost a day later.) She didn't notice much of a difference but I use more apps and while it's not a big speed difference it was noticeable to me at least and worth the price to upgrade at the sale price.
I think the speed in the S2 processor is the most notable with applications opening/closing, the Apple Watch powers on and off quicker from my experience, and even software updates seem to finish sooner then my first generation Apple Watch. The more you use the Series 2 Apple Watch, you will observe the speed differences over time.

Reactions: ZebraDude

yang88she

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
ATL
love the better battery life of the series 2 vs my series 0, brighter screen, and so nice to be able to actually use the haptic feedback now (couldn't engage it, since my series 0 would die mid day)

CrazedVW

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2005
Sandston, Virginia
One thing I've definitely noticed is that phone calls pop up immediately on my watch after my phone starts ringing. With the Series 0 there was a very noticeable lag before it hit the watch.

I think the speed in the S2 processor is the most notable with applications opening/closing, the Apple Watch powers on and off quicker from my experience, and even software updates seem to finish sooner then my first generation Apple Watch. The more you use the Series 2 Apple Watch, you will observe the speed differences over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.