Apple Watch Deals - $70 off at Target and Best Buy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Arran, May 7, 2017.

1. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Just noticed these deals this morning.

$70 off Series 1 at Target.

$70 off Series 2 and Ceramic Edition at Best Buy.

2. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Got the wife 38mm series 1 for $199 at bestbuy had them price match target ad.

3. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

Good deal, I picked up a Nike Series 2 for $329.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

5. Spartanfan01 macrumors newbie

Spartanfan01

Just bought gold 38mm from Apple last week. Saw that BestBuy has the same one for $70 off so I oredered one to pick up,from the store. Will be returning the one to Apple tomorrow and pick up,the new one from BestBuy. Thankfully if for some radon Apple won't give me a refund I can just cancel the BestBuy order. They will hold it for a week.

6. shockedlattice macrumors newbie

Is the $70 off on a Nike 42mm Apple Watch the best anyone has seen right now? I've been wanting one for a long time, but never took the plunge. If this is a good deal I might jump on it.

Thanks!

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I saw this deal this morning so I called Apple since I bought my watch last Friday and they gave me a $70 credit back to my debit card.

8. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Got mine at BB on 4/25. They credited back the $70 today, thanks for the heads up.

9. GucciGriffinIII macrumors newbie

I had a friend get their at BB the last week of April. BB will really credit you back the difference?

10. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

As long as your friend is within the return/exchange period. If they lower their in-store or online price during the return and exchange period, they will match that lower price.

The return/exchange period will depend on whether your friend is a standard member (15 days), elite member (30 days) or elite plus member (45 days). If your friend bought it less than 15 days ago, your friend is good to go either way.

11. tim0409 macrumors regular

This offer is perfectly timed; I ordered a refurb S2 from Apple a few days ago for pick up (I'm currently visiting Florida from the UK), but have just cancelled and bought one from BB.

12. GucciGriffinIII macrumors newbie

Thank you for the heads up. My friend bought theirs on the 25th and just went in store and got the 70 dollar credit.

I appreciate you guys!

13. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I was surprised that Nike.com wouldn't price match Best Buy, I bought a watch with them last week. Just initiated a return with them since I am within my 14 day return period.

14. WingNut33 macrumors newbie

WingNut33

Any thoughts on how long this sale will last? I'm not sure I'll have the money set aside for this yet. Maybe they'll do this again for Fathers Day.

15. Arran thread starter macrumors 68040

Arran

Possibly? You have to keep a close watch on the retailer's websites, but there's usually a good deal every couple of months. If it's not watches on sale, then it's bands or accessories.

Good to see a few have benefitted from this. 70 bucks is 70 bucks! :)

16. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Target also gives a 5% discount if you use their RedCard. It takes the money off right away.

It can be used as either a credit card or a debit card. I use it where it's a debit card and takes money directly out of my checking account. Anyone can do that one without a credit history.

38mm Series 1 for $190.
    42mm Series 1 for $218.50.

And price-matching Best Buy... you can get a
    38mm Series 2 for $285 at Target. $85 off!
    42mm Series 2 for $313.50 at Target. $86.50 off!

17. Spartanfan01 macrumors newbie

Spartanfan01

That's actually what I ended up doing! I realized that I could get the additional 5% off with my Target Redcard so I cancelled my Best Buy order and picked up the same silver with white band by price matching Best Buy. Ended up $85 off!

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Went to BB this morning and picked up a Nike+ this morning for $330 plus tax. Gave my 1st gen to my lady friend. This was a pretty solid deal.

19. yang88she macrumors regular

Thanks, used my 1st gen as a trade in for an additional $81.00 off + $5.00 off reward, so $262.44 for a new updated version.

w00t, thanks for info on the sales

20. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Yea I never buy anything at Target without using the RedCard. Mine is their credit card version but I usually just pay the same amount of my purchase right after the purchase transaction is completed. Well, I am a little more cautious now after doing that with a 4K TV on Black Friday that I found out was a "Black Friday model" (missing a few things such as Bluetooth and RF remote) whereas Sam's had the full model for a little cheaper. I returned it unopened but since I had already paid my Red Card for the amount of the TV when buying it Target/RedCard ended up sending me a check in the mail a few days later for the amount I had now overpaid.

Oh, Target had this $70 off sale a few months ago too--and I bought a 42mm Series 1 at that time.

Mike

21. CrazedVW macrumors member

CrazedVW

Picked up a Series 1 yesterday to replace my Series 0. Did the same with my wife's Series 0 earlier the week. (And sold her Series 0 to cover most of the cost a day later.) She didn't notice much of a difference but I use more apps and while it's not a big speed difference it was noticeable to me at least and worth the price to upgrade at the sale price.

22. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I think the speed in the S2 processor is the most notable with applications opening/closing, the Apple Watch powers on and off quicker from my experience, and even software updates seem to finish sooner then my first generation Apple Watch. The more you use the Series 2 Apple Watch, you will observe the speed differences over time.

23. yang88she macrumors regular

love the better battery life of the series 2 vs my series 0, brighter screen, and so nice to be able to actually use the haptic feedback now (couldn't engage it, since my series 0 would die mid day)

24. CrazedVW macrumors member

CrazedVW

One thing I've definitely noticed is that phone calls pop up immediately on my watch after my phone starts ringing. With the Series 0 there was a very noticeable lag before it hit the watch.