Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Dealing with daily emails on Apple Watch is probably low on the list of things you want to do with the wrist-worn device, especially since you can't actually write or respond to emails in the Apple Watch Mail app. However, Mail can be a useful way to clean out your inbox without pulling out your iPhone. Plus, if you need to address an email right away, you can always use Handoff with your iPhone or Mac.

Mail-on-Apple-Watch-1-800x282.jpg

We've got some basics for how to use the Mail app on Apple Watch, plus some useful tips on customizing the app to suit your on-the-go needs.

Reading Email

If you are out and about and want to know if that email you have been waiting for has finally shown up, you can use Apple Watch to help you out. Mail for Apple Watch supports data detectors, so you can tap on phone numbers or addresses to automatically launch the appropriate app right from an email, a convenient feature when you're out and about.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Use the Mail App on Apple Watch

DavidTheExpert

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
This is so confusing... Can you please explain what "mail" means? I get my mail through the slot in my door, I don't know why you would use your watch to read that.

I'm really really confused by this post. Can someone explain it to me in really complete detail so I can understand what it's trying to say?

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
This is so confusing... Can you please explain what "mail" means? I get my mail through the slot in my door, I don't know why you would use your watch to read that.

I'm really really confused by this post. Can someone explain it to me in really complete detail so I can understand what it's trying to say?
Dude, it's just a typo. They wrote 'mail' but meant to write 'male'; the Watch allows one to trade livestock right from their wrist!

Last edited:
Reactions: Schranke

AstroRob

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
It is amazingly easy to simply not read an article that does not interest you, rather than complain how it does not fit your concept of what should appear on the site.

As someone who enjoys reading content that falls beyond a narrow interpretation of the NAME of this site, I felt compelled to take a moment to encourage the editors to keep these articles coming. Sometimes it's handy to be reminded of a piece of information on using an Apple device, even if it is documented elsewhere.

mchart

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
Another copy paste from the apple website.

Anyone saying they don't mind these "articles" is missing the point. These are lame copy paste click baits. Just stop it already, it degrades the quality of the newsfeed.

Reactions: leventozler

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Let's stop with these posts. Thanks.

At this point they're just doing it to spite all the people complaining about it. I would...

Dude, it's just a typo. They wrote 'mail' but meant to write 'male'; the Watch allows one to trade livestock right from their wrist!

Next up, the MacRumors guide to breathing.

I thought this was the MacRumors site not the "how to do things that are already well documented" site.

More rumors.

Less documentation.

Why? Why email on the watch? Just read them on your blooming iPhone.

This app is about as pointless as the Photos app on the watch.

I'm sorry MR, but this is not working. I got lost after step 1 and ended getting my iMac G4 stuck in a tree.

What is wrong with you people? Same people saying the same nonsense with every how to article MR posts. The articles are fine. What's wrong with MR actually providing real information instead of the "rumors" you people seem to crave and thrive on? If you don't want to read these, then don't read them and don't post your hatred. It's old and boring and just plain stupid of you to do so.

Why don't you children get together and form a little club with a little clubhouse, have some milk and cookies, and blab away about nonsense all day long.

groovyd

Suspended
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
They needed something annoying to put always at the top of the iOS forum to go along with the Buyers Guide they always staple to the top of the Mac forum now.

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Another copy paste from the apple website.

Anyone saying they don't mind these "articles" is missing the point. These are lame copy paste click baits. Just stop it already, it degrades the quality of the newsfeed.

Well excuse me for not having seen these articles before. I find them useful. This is the site I frequent and this is where I get a lot of all kinds of information.

You are the cause of the newsfeed degradation with your childish and useless comments.

Reactions: doelcm82

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
What is wrong with you people? Same people saying the same nonsense with every how to article MR posts. The articles are fine. What's wrong with MR actually providing real information instead of the "rumors" you people seem to crave and thrive on? If you don't want to read these, then don't read them and don't post your hatred. It's old and boring and just plain stupid of you to do so.
I don't actually have a problem with articles like these, but your comment is hypocritical. You tell us that we can choose not to read articles that don't interest us instead of posting comments, but you couldn't manage to follow your own advice and skip our "boring" comments. I've only counted one hateful post here so far, most seem to be humorous.

Why don't you children get together and form a little club with a little clubhouse, have some milk and cookies, and blab away about nonsense all day long.
If you bring the lumber, you can be president of our complaining club. Plus, you seem to have an aptitude for nonsense.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
It is amazingly easy to simply not read an article that does not interest you, rather than complain how it does not fit your concept of what should appear on the site.

As someone who enjoys reading content that falls beyond a narrow interpretation of the NAME of this site, I felt compelled to take a moment to encourage the editors to keep these articles coming. Sometimes it's handy to be reminded of a piece of information on using an Apple device, even if it is documented elsewhere.

So you think people should just keep quiet about things they don't like, or don't approve of?

These articles are clearly pushing the line on posting interesting useful articles vs a shallow quest for clicks. The forums are here to discuss the article. Someone expressing their view that they think these articles have gone too far is just as valid as your post saying you don't.

To argue that people shouldn't post against such articles is to say critics should be silent. It's an argument against free speech.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So you think people should just keep quiet about things they don't like, or don't approve of?

These articles are clearly pushing the line on posting interesting useful articles vs a shallow quest for clicks. The forums are here to discuss the article. Someone expressing their view that they think these articles have gone too far is just as valid as your post saying you don't.

To argue that people shouldn't post against such articles is to say critics should be silent. It's an argument against free speech.
If articles like this allow forums like this to exist seems ironic to use the very forums to complain about that and to do so pointlessly. And what does any of this have to do with freedom of speech?

louiek

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2006
Knutters Knoll, Melbourne

I think macrumors should post a how-to titled "How to ignore articles that don't really interest you" for all the imbeciles clearly incapable of this mind numbingly simple task.

Reactions: doelcm82

rodpascoe

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2006
Truro, Cornwall
We all know it's click-bait but why can't they change the sites behaviour on mobile devices to stop these appearing as a "front page" article.

I don't own a watch and having played with one both in store and at a colleagues house I know I never will. Yes, I don't have to read the articles (came here for the comments because it was annoying me) but I do have to read the title and then scroll past and it clutters up my feed.

I joined this site nearly 10 years ago as every article was about a rumoured product from Apple. Now there are so few of these and more reviews and how-to articles. Nothing wrong with that, just put them under a menu we can chose not to click on.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Next we'll be limited to 144 characters for emails, just to be compatible with Apple watch. I really can't imagine using a Watch, at least without a holographic projector with full size images, for reading emails. It's cute that you can do it, but really?

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Use CloudMagic instead. They offer a Watch app that features voice dictation replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.