Apple watch needs a battery monitor (like ios)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eclipse01, Oct 19, 2018.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Something that shows what apps are killing the watch the most.

I went from my S4 watch lasting almost 2 days to last being at 19% in under a day. Would be nice to know what was killing my watch battery.

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Did you add any third-party apps before you noticed reduced battery life?

3. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Have you tried restarting your watch as well? I had a similar issue, but a restart fixed it and now mine will last almost two days with regular use as well.

4. Akrapovic macrumors 6502

Akrapovic

If I had read this yesterday I would've said "no, that's silly". My S3 can last 2 full days, so this isn't a problem.

Then last night I went to bed with 65% battery, around the same as I always do. I use the silent vibration alarm as an alarm clock - works fantastic. I usually wake up with 60% or so. This morning it was dead. 0. Nothing. It had somehow used 65% battery through the night and I don't know what caused it.

I SUSPECT the Dark Sky app was having one of its many spaz outs. If it can't get the weather one time, then it sits and sucks up battery until you load the phone app to knock it out of this loop. So it'd be nice to confirm this.

5. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

yes restarting usually fixes it, but still wish i could narrow it down to what was causing it.

the thing i noticed this morning though was my complication for pedometer++ was "stuck" and didn't restart to zero on the new day. I entered the complication (which entered the app of course), backed out and it was now at zero. Now I feel like my battery is depleting back to normal. Then again, I did a couple other really minor things so not sure if the mix of everything fixed it.

who knows. just thought I would share my experience .