Apple Watch not included with free year of Apple TV+?

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
So I just spent more on my watch/band than the Iphone 11, yet I see the watch is not included in the list? Is this a mistake?

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Can you watch TV+ on the Watch? No.. obviously not included in the offering. 😅
OK, that's obviously not what I mean.

Per Apple when you purchase any apple device you get 1 year free of their Apple TV+ service, according the the website, the Apple watch is not one of the devices.

Hoping this is a mistake.

Strangedream

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019

Per Apple when you purchase any apple device you get 1 year free of their Apple TV+ service, according the the website, the Apple watch is not one of the devices.

Apparently no mistake here https://www.apple.com/promo/. Even if you buy an iPod touch you still get free 1-year Apple TV+. I guess they have this promotion on devices that would support the app?

AddisonIII

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013

Gosh I also thought the same thing....and yes I do realize it would be a little crazy trying to watch a movie or a show on a AW. In my case I bought both a watch and a new 11 iPhone for my wife. Will have to look into what she needs to do to make good on the 1yr free Apple TV use.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I def read or heard somewhere that Watch was not included in this promo just yesterday. Funny because I thought the same thing that every hardware purchase was included, not because you can’t watch on an Apple Watch but sheer price of the hardware alone to incentivize new buyers.

Reactions: gymratjudy

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI

breezyf808

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
When does this promo end? Does it have to be through an Apple store or their website, or can we purchase new device through other big box stores?
I’m hoping to buy a new device during Black Friday and would like to take advantage of this promo.
Anyone has experience with this?

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
At the event (timestamp 19:20) Tim Cook said "When you buy an iPhone, an iPad, a Mac or an Apple TV, you'll get 1 year of Apple TV+ included," accompanied with a pic of only those devices on screen, no Apple Watch mentioned or shown.
Wow, sick burn.
- - Post merged: - -

No one knows at this point.
I think it will last for a while until Apple TV+ gains some traction and becomes a household name (something Amazon Prime Video hasn't been able to do yet)

Reactions: matrix07

breezyf808

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
Hopefully it does til at least the end of the year.
Also if it qualifies anyone being devices from Verizon, Walmart, target etc.