Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
So a week ago, a bunch of news outlets said that the Apple watch would be available for purchase in Apple brick and mortar stores in two weeks. They were getting this from that comment made by the Apple guy when he was talking about Apple catching up on all the May orders and launching in 7 new countries on June 26th. So that should mean Apple watches will be available this coming week, but we still haven't heard any specific date? Any ideas when I could walk into a store to buy? That is what I have been waiting on.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
We had a thread where we were all spit-balling dates some time ago (this was, obviously, before that announcement). Apple tends to like Tuesdays, so I'm thinking it's going to be the 16th.

It appears they're pretty much caught up with most of the models, so they should all be in store (with the exception of the 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel with Link Band (as Jeff Williams said in that announcement) - that watch won't have its backlog cleared until July and Apple has assured those with orders in that queue that the watch they ordered won't be in store until their orders are filled.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
We had a thread where we were all spit-balling dates some time ago (this was, obviously, before that announcement). Apple tends to like Tuesdays, so I'm thinking it's going to be the 16th.

It appears they're pretty much caught up with most of the models, so they should all be in store (with the exception of the 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel with Link Band (as Jeff Williams said in that announcement) - that watch won't have its backlog cleared until July and Apple has assured those with orders in that queue that the watch they ordered won't be in store until their orders are filled.
Yeah that is what I am wondering.... Will it be this coming week? Or will it be the following when it releases to the new countries (technically 3 weeks after that announcement) ?

Unrelated, but my last name is Fischer. Kinda funny.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Yeah that is what I am wondering.... Will it be this coming week? Or will it be the following when it releases to the new countries (technically 3 weeks after that announcement) ?

Unrelated, but my last name is Fischer. Kinda funny.
No, Jeff said two weeks and that they would be in-store by the time the additional countries launch on the 26th.

Heh. Yeah...my cousin's an ER doc - when I first saw this thread I wondered if he had an account on here. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.