Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all

My dad got me an Apple Watch Sport in space grey for my birthday which was yesterday, however, this wasn't the watch that I wanted, as I wanted the silver face and not 100% on size as yet as I haven't tried the 42mm on.

It is now outside the 14 day return window and the box has been opened as contents were checked before I received it.

If I was to take it back to the Apple Store it was purchased from would they exchange it for me in these circumstances?

Thanks

James

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I think the only time I've heard of the store allowing a return outside of the period is when the customer upgrades the watch.

But I think a fair amount depends on the kindness of the store employees, especially the manager. I think managers can approve return exceptions.

It's worth going to the store and trying. If not, you should be able to flip the watch easily since 42 SG is the most popular model.

Reactions: NovemberWhiskey

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
it depends on how you negotiate with them. alternatively, just sell it off on ebay/amazon

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
No guarantees here, but if you haven't worn the watch and it's like new in the box and you take it to the Apple Store and say you just got it for your birthday and want to exchange it for a different color/style of watch I believe there is a high likelihood they will help you out. Just my opinion though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.