Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
So, you know how sometimes we, as humans can't make up our minds?
Well, I was fortunate enough to buy two watches.
- Apple Watch Series 1, with a simply Sport band, Aluminium Space Grey looking $299 & Apple Care+
- 1st Gen Stainless Steel Space Black, with a Milanese band $549.00 & Apple Care+

I've not left to pick up either one yet, I'm still on the fence. Honestly, if the 1st Gen, wasn't as expensive, I'd buy that and call it a day. But, then I think, in a year, I won't be able to sell it; not that it is compulsory to sell. However, I'm always thinking about the resale value...

Hmm, decisions, decisions. Maybe, option three, is to wait till tomorrow, to see if Apple have a Series 2 available, Stainless Steel, Space Black, for pick up. Albeit, not holding much hope there (can't check till after midnight...

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
...any opinions? Did anyone buy a Series 1 today, that already has a 1st Gen?

BSG75

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
...any opinions? Did anyone buy a Series 1 today, that already has a 1st Gen?

I have 1st gens SS and SS SB, after installing Watch OS3 the speed has really improved. I'm more than likely sticking with my 1st gen watches and skipping the upgrade this time. Just be aware that 1st gen prices are going to drop even more in the coming weeks.

Reactions: circatee

1sazim

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
I have 1st gens SS and SS SB, after installing Watch OS3 the speed has really improved. I'm more than likely sticking with my 1st gen watches and skipping the upgrade this time. Just be aware that 1st gen prices are going to drop even more in the coming weeks.
So, you know how sometimes we, as humans can't make up our minds?
Well, I was fortunate enough to buy two watches.
- Apple Watch Series 1, with a simply Sport band, Aluminium Space Grey looking $299 & Apple Care+
- 1st Gen Stainless Steel Space Black, with a Milanese band $549.00 & Apple Care+

I've not left to pick up either one yet, I'm still on the fence. Honestly, if the 1st Gen, wasn't as expensive, I'd buy that and call it a day. But, then I think, in a year, I won't be able to sell it; not that it is compulsory to sell. However, I'm always thinking about the resale value...

Hmm, decisions, decisions. Maybe, option three, is to wait till tomorrow, to see if Apple have a Series 2 available, Stainless Steel, Space Black, for pick up. Albeit, not holding much hope there (can't check till after midnight...

I have the SS with Milanese band and I love it! Originally I thought I'd upgrade to the black SS with black Milanese band but decided I'll wait for the next model because I'm very happy with my watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.