Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WJRush2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2016
I’m planning on buying the new Apple Watch Series 3 as my first Apple Watch! I don’t need the cellular version, and I know that I want the 38mm version (I have fairly small wrists).

The only thing I’m still undecided about is whether or not to go for the Nike+ version or not.

I know there’s some extra watchfaces (and an app?) with the Nike+ version, but the big difference for me is the Nike bands.

Do you have any experience with the Nike+ Apple Watch? How do you like the Nike band with all the holes? Why did you choose the Nike+ version, OR why did you opt for the regular version.

I’m not a big Nike enthusiast, and I’m not that athletic, but is the Nike band enough to choose the Nike+ version? Maybe I should try the different versions in the store before I buy?

I’d love to hear your opinion- Thanks!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I’m planning on buying the new Apple Watch Series 3 as my first Apple Watch! I don’t need the cellular version, and I know that I want the 38mm version (I have fairly small wrists).

The only thing I’m still undecided about is whether or not to go for the Nike+ version or not.

I know there’s some extra watchfaces (and an app?) with the Nike+ version, but the big difference for me is the Nike bands.

Do you have any experience with the Nike+ Apple Watch? How do you like the Nike band with all the holes? Why did you choose the Nike+ version, OR why did you opt for the regular version.

I’m not a big Nike enthusiast, and I’m not that athletic, but is the Nike band enough to choose the Nike+ version? Maybe I should try the different versions in the store before I buy?

I’d love to hear your opinion- Thanks!

NIKE band is great. Keeps in mind for NIKE you'll also get extra faces, functionalities & NIKE engrave at the back that you don't get for regular version. If you already like NIKE band design I see no reason at all to get a regular version. Got more for same money, why not?

Reactions: WJRush2000

redavis41

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
Struggling with this myself. I have a Series 2 Nike watch and with the new OS4 the watchfaces and color options are really nice, but I'm considering keeping the Series 2 and adding a SS Series 3. The Watchbands are nice if you workout with them as they help your arm breathe a bit better which helps reduce sweat.

cawgijoe

macrumors regular
May 23, 2017
Virginia
I have the Nike series 2. The bands are nice and since I run, the software works great.

That being said, you can load the Nike app on any Watch. You can also buy Nike clone bands on Amazon. I bought one in blue and it's ver close to the original.

Since the price is the same as the regular version, go for it.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
If you have any interest in the Nike version, then you should get it. You can always put a regular band on it and it will look like a normal one.

littlesolja0925

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2017
I have the Nike series 2. The bands are nice and since I run, the software works great.

That being said, you can load the Nike app on any Watch. You can also buy Nike clone bands on Amazon. I bought one in blue and it's ver close to the original.

Since the price is the same as the regular version, go for it.

I like the gold case but really like the Nike band. Can I buy the band separately after?

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Major downside is having to wait for the Nike+ version as they are not available at launch with the regular versions. That and you didn't get a Gold version, which is strange. Don't a lot of Nike sponsored athletes wear gold apparel?

WJRush2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2016
Major downside is having to wait for the Nike+ version as they are not available at launch with the regular versions. That and you didn't get a Gold version, which is strange. Don't a lot of Nike sponsored athletes wear gold apparel?

I preordered the Nike+ Apple Watch shortly after this post, and it's supposed to arrive on October 5th. I thought the regular Apple Watch and Nike+ version came out at the same time, but I was getting mine on October 5th (instead of September 22nd) because I was late to preorder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.