Apple Watch Series 4 44mm Band slot loose

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Callander, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Callander macrumors member

Callander

Has anyone else received a watch where the band slots are loose? I’ve tried multiple bands and now I’m afraid I’ll have to replace the watch.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

If it doesn’t feel right the best thing you can do is to go to an apple store and try to compare with one of the display items.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Are you using OEM or third-party bands?

4. Callander thread starter macrumors member

Callander

It’s OEM Apple sport loop. I also just had the loop replaced by AppleCare and it’s the same loose wiggle.

5. Otflyer macrumors 6502a

Otflyer

Could be the watch case. I have read of one case of the slot in the case being defective. I would take it to Apple store or call customer support.

6. WhiteHawk macrumors 6502

WhiteHawk

My first Series 4 before it was replaced because of a defect seemed ok, my replacement seems a bit tight but works ok so far, I would not be happy with a loose one, I’d get that exchanged personally.

7. ardsar macrumors newbie

Mine is the same on the top slot. Guess it’s just down to tolerances.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

There have been multiple reports of the newer Sports Band being different than the previous and slightly loose. I never even attached my Sports Band and it still sits in the box but I have heard it is thinner also.

9. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I had that issue with a series 2 ceramic and a gap with the bands that seemed to move easily when locked in and Apple's engineers agreed. The replacement was a lot better

10. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

The newer sports band certainly feels thinner - i’m not sure if this is the case, or if it’s just made of a slightly different material.

The black sports band from my previous Watch felt more rigid in comparison to my S4’s black sports band (which actually looks like a very dark grey rather than black) which feels more flexible/flimsy.

11. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Yes the new black sports band is definitely more of a grey rather than black. The quality is still there though and thickness wise, I compared it to my nike sports band and Stone sport band from the S3 and it feels just as thick.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not sure either. I have never used the bands that came with my watches so I got like three black sport bands. I will get them out tonight and compare. It seemed a bit thinner to me but I did not look closely. Maybe it is just more flexible, which may not be a bad thing.

13. STEALTH714 macrumors member

Just received a Nike with sport loop. Nike sport loop band is not even close to fitting in the new S4 slots Black sport band and silver Melanese loop from my S0 fit just fine. WTF?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 17, 2018 ---
    In my best Dana Carvey....."Never Mind". Loop is fine. My stupidity on the other hand ......pun intended.

14. Callander thread starter macrumors member

Callander

Sent it in and replacement is on its way!

I'll admit, its weird not checking the time on my wrist and trying to complete my rings. I feel sad and unaccomplished :p

15. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

This completion of the rings business never really interest me. I know for a fact that I workout ️‍♀️ way more than what the watch shows me and that’s because it can’t really track my workout properly.

16. SamwellG macrumors member

Black sport band on my SSS4 44mm. Something doesnt feel right, still dont know if I should go in and ask about it. My S3 didnt feel this way at all and I used heavily. Workouts and all

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I have been checking my replacement SBSS Series 4 and the black sport bad that came with with is loose. They is definitely movement. The strange thing is that i tried my Nike Sport band and Stone sport band that i had with my Ceramic S3 and they are even looser. Absolutely loads of movement.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2018 ---
    Having said that, I pulled out my leather marine blue apple band and tried that and it was a tight as a drum so it has to be the sport bands