Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Watch Series 4 worth it?

hotr32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
PA
Hey guys and gals, just a quick question, I found someone selling a 44mm Series 4 Gold Stainless Steel LTE+ GPS watch for $250? Should I buy it? Or is it not worth it anymore?
I currently have a Series 3 42mm Nike Silver Aluminum LTE + GPS, I honestly wasn’t looking to upgrade, but didn’t know if I should jump on this.
Thanks!

jdb8167

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2008
I would say it depends on what band comes with it. It’s not a bad price if it comes with everything in the retail package and a band. Apple sells it for $520 refurbished.

hotr32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
PA
It comes with the oem gold stainless Milanese band, they have the original box and all accessories.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Not a bad price depending on condition. You need to make sure it is not activation locked. I have found that even when you unpair and wipe the watch completely (which forces you to input your Apple ID password) and remove the device from AppleID site, the watch can still end up being activation locked (for some unknown reason). If meeting in person, make sure you can start the pairing process before handing over any money.

hotr32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
PA
I definitely would make sure that I can activate it on my already existing watch line, I’ve seen too many scenarios where someone buys an Apple product and can’t activate or use it.
I don’t know why I’m on the fence with this one, maybe because it’s gold and I’d prefer silver.......but it’s stainless with all original packaging.......oh decisions, decisions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.