Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Just as the title says, I want to get everyone's thoughts on the woven vs standard band on the apple watch sport.

Thanks in advance!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The flueroastamer band is soft and very durable/comfortable. They clean up easy and can get wet. However, in the heat, they stick to your skin.

The nylon bands are lightweight, very comfortable, durable. However, if they get wet, they retain water and need to dry out. Some have said the nylon can chafe your skin if used for exercise.

I have both the flueroastemer and nylon bands. They both are great in there own respects.

Reactions: FiremanMike

jk1002

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
They nylon ones soak up sweat and can get smelly, can be washed but giving how dense they are this is a bit of a hassle

Reactions: FiremanMike

appleish19

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2014
Just as the title says, I want to get everyone's thoughts on the woven vs standard band on the apple watch sport.

Thanks in advance!
I agree the woven nylon isn't my favorite for working out. But for everyday use it's great. Love the sport bands for working out or matching clothes.

lax28

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2014
New Jersey
Personally, I am a fan of the sports bands. When the watch first came out in 2015, I expected that I would not like them, but they are my favorite bands as far as daily multipurpose bands go. I don't really care for the nylon ones, but I know a lot of people who do like them. All up to your own personal taste and what works for you.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
I ended up with the sports band, I really like it. It's much softer than I expected and (as mentioned) wipes right off when dirty!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.