Apple Watch to be sold at Best Buy beginning in August

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Saw this from CNBC in my Twitter feed. I wonder if Apple will sell both the Sport and SS versions? And I wonder how they'll be displayed considering the space Apple has at Best Buy is pretty limited. I can't imagine them being displayed along side all the other smart watches and fitness trackers. I'll be very curious to see what Apple does here.

EDIT: per Apple Insider the Watch is coming to 100 stores and will be 300 by the holidays. Both Sport and SS as well as bands will be available for sale.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...est-buy-stores-in-august-over-300-by-holidays

2. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Here's the official press release from Best Buy:

The Apple Watch, one of the year’s most talked about and innovative products, is coming to Best Buy.

Starting Aug. 7, Best Buy will be the first national retailer, other than Apple Stores, where customers can buy the Apple Watch. It will begin to arrive in more than 100 Best Buy stores and will also be available on BestBuy.com. Another 200 of our stores will have the Apple Watch in time for holiday shopping.

“The Apple Watch is an important addition to an emerging product category, and we know our customers want it,” said Jason Bonfig, senior category officer at Best Buy. “We are excited to bring Apple Watch to more consumers, especially with the holidays coming up.”

Our customers will be able to see, try and buy 16 Apple Watch models – including Sport and Watch models in both 38mm and 42mm sizes – and nearly 50 accessories, including watch bands, screen shields, stands, chargers and more.

You can visit BestBuy.com in the coming days for more information, including which stores will have the Apple Watch, how to accessorize your new device, and more.

3. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Over 600 stores just went through a huge remodeling and our Apple Section within Best Buy Core stores is pretty substantial. I'd imagine that it would be a set up similar to our Samsung section, where the Smart Watch's are displayed in conjunction with the Note 4's and S6's.

This is going to be HUGE for Apple Watch sales. Every single day we get customers asking about Apple Watch availability in our store. We already sell accessories and screen shields, I can't wait

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Funny how fast this stuff evolves. 3 weeks ago I went to the BB on Union Square in NYC, arguably one of the busiest in the country, and there wasn't a single Apple Watch accessory on display. I had to go through 3 employees the find one who was familiar enough with the watch to know where to look in the stock room for a Nomad stand, and even though he found it, he had no idea it was in stock, apart from me showing him the stock level online.

5. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

But I thought nobody is buying them according to the anal ysts.

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Cool! The takeover continues... ;)

P.S. I'm happy that there will now be other places to pick up Watch charger cables when traveling and not near an Apple Store...

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The watch is no doubt going to do decent in the holiday season. Many people turn to Best Buy during the holidays for their gadgets.

At my store and the couple times I ordered online though, the service is simply terrible. I don't know why you would buy there. I was attracted due to the discounts over Apple in the past, but it proved far from worth it.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.