Apple Watch (watchOS 2 BETA1/2) is no longer utilising the GPS on my iPhone during workouts?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RamGuy, Jun 24, 2015.

1. RamGuy macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

Greetings,

I decided to do a full restore of both my iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch Sports before moving to the iOS 9 and watchOS 2 BETA's and I have had a few odd quirks with my Apple Watch ever since.

I'm taking the bike to and from work every workday, and therefore I have always used the Apple Watch's Workout app and the included Outdoor Cycle Open preset in order to track my performance.

But after I moved to iOS 9 and watchOS 2 my Apple Watch does not utilise the GPS on my iPhone 6 Plus while biking? Thus making it not capable to track neither speed nor distance.

Digging through the Apple Developer forums and whatnot, I can't seem to find anyone else mentioning this issue in regards to iOS 9 or watchOS 2 so it might seem that it's not a BETA-related problem but something else. Have anyone else experienced this kind of problem before? Might there be some settings on the Apple Watch or my iPhone I might be missing?

The workout app keeps displaying values in kilojoules instead of calories as well. I can't for the life of me remember how I'm supposed to change that. I had everything displaying in calories before the restore, but now I can't remember how I changed it.. And I can't seem to understand how I' am supposed to activate the new activation lock that came with watchOS 2 BETA either..

2. RamGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

I figured the whole kilojoules to calories thing, force-touch is somewhat confusing at time. But still can't get the GPS to work and activation lock is nowhere to be seen in any of my settings.

3. tearsen macrumors member

How did you change kilojoules back to calories? Can´t find any settings for that.
    And yes, gps while biking is still broken in beta 2, no distance or speed is being measured...

4. Summersify macrumors member

Yeah, can't get back to calories either. How did you do it?

5. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Well, I guess that's what the beta program is for. To find these kinds of issues.

Thanks for filing the bug report with Apple so we don't have this issue in the fall.