Apple Watch will be A+ in my book and I will tell you why

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Q Bert, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

... and I'm glad I preordered one with a 4/24 window delivery !!!

I work in a hospital as a healthcare worker and during the course of my work, I will be donning a latex glove while working with a patient and will be washing my hands numerous times. There were 2 occasions that happened today that I wished I already have the Apple Watch.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus that I keep on my pocket while working. While I was washing my hands, my phone alerted me with a notification. My hands were still wet so I cannot immediately reach in my pocket to look at the alert. With the watch, I could easily just glance on my watch even if my hands are still wet to check on the alert. On another occasion, I was working with a patient to change her dressing so I will have to wear latex gloves. Again, I could have glanced on the watch without removing the gloves. Turns out that those 2 alerts were very important and it would require me to reply ASAP. Sure, I could have waited until I finish washing my hands or finish the dressing and removing the gloves but in my line of work, every second counts and it's a matter of life and death.

So, I am very excited to have an Apple Watch and it will be very useful for me in real life scenarios.

For some, this wont be the case and it will be just a hobby, a fashion trend or something to brag. I know I will love mine.

CHEERS !!!

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Well, it fits your workflow perfectly. Congratulation. :)

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I agree. That's a very good use case and I'm sure there are many others out there with similar use case scenarios. I work in an office environment so it's by no means crucial for me to not take my phone out but it is regarded as rude and frowned upon. Plus I work in a face to face customer service role so it's a lot more discrete to check my watch then my phone.

4. kurzz macrumors 6502

kurzz

Absolutely, just like people today can't live without their phones, once they try a smartwatch the convenience will not have them going back to the old days.

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Apple Watch will be A+ in my book and I will tell you why

So if it's a matter of life or death, they send you a text message?

6. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

pretty sure attending to the patient is more important than an alert on your phone. i know changing the dressing isn't a serious task, but if you're in the middle of a code, will you be glancing at your watch or making sure the patient is getting the care they need?

and don't give me some bs story because i worked in healthcare for years.

7. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Another A+ in my book!

I agree! I'm looking forward to integrating :apple:Watch into my running routine. It will accompany me on all my long distance races this year! I like the idea of using advanced apps like Runstastic on my watch.

Also, it will feed my productivity obsession. I like the idea of being able to view my many "to-do" lists on my wrist and my notes in Evernote. The product hasn't even shipped yet, and I am so stoked!