Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevedude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
does anyone have one of those apple watchs? if so, are these watches made by Apple?

Attachments

• applewatch.gif
    applewatch.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 4,817

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I have a green one that is very similar (I think it's the same line.)
No, they're not made by Apple. From what I heard, Apple was OK with them until Steve Jobs saw them once and said they were awful and hated them. From what I gather they were discontinued from then on.

Here's a picture: Apple watches

Pukuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Sammamish, WA
Retro Apple Watch

I have one of these watches if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• lg.retrowatch.jpg
    lg.retrowatch.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

nesuser2

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2004
NW Ohio
they do look especially hideous...it seems like stuff from that era had more of a colorful appeal to it...and it didn't look very clean!

Pukuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Sammamish, WA
Yeah its one of those retro watches, but the picture I'm using is one I found off the internet (generic photo). I have 5 of them that haven't been worn with no wear on the band, plus the adhesive sticker that's on the back of the watch is still there with the "red-line".

Can't get much better than that.

I am curious to see what people would think it's worth, honestly.

Please don't say "its worthless" or "it's trash" since I know 100% it was worth $25 back in '95, so at the very least it is worth $25 still but I visited that one site and they are trying to sell it for close to $250 which is pretty shocking in my opinion.

Thanks for your help/opinion. It is all greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pukuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Sammamish, WA

Hey mkjj, when you said they used to be made by Apple Watch was that referring towards your collection of the watch I'm have/talking about?

Thanks for all the addition help on finding out where this particular watch originated, why it was made and other miscellaneous information. It is all greatly appreciated.

And...
Apple didn't make it themselves - they get some company to make it for them. The design is theirs, though...

gkarris, were you also referring to my watch, or no? - Thanks again.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
I dig out a leaflet from one of the watches and post details. Yours was made by Apple Watch (company name but as gkarris said, not Apple themselves, but used the Apple font etc and approved designs).

Will let you know more soon.

Pukuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Sammamish, WA
Some details as promised. Plus additional pics of other designs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mac-collection/

Looks good, but that is for just about every other Apple Watch after 1998.

My watch was produced back in 1995 from what I've heard/read.

Thanks for the additional feedback though.

If you are interested I am willing to ship w/ tracking number and cell phone number.

Last edited:

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.