MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
54,099
15,883
joed reports that Apple's streaming url had reflected the Monday Event -- at least temporarily -- and stated:

"Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs present announcements from the Moscone Center in San Francisco that will be music to your ears. See the MPEG-4 webcast presentation right here exclusively in QuickTime . It's an event you don't want to miss."

The url no longer brings up a page, and no official Apple announcement has been made of an official Webcast.
 

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
2,886
0
Arid-Zone-A
Well, I'll definitely be checking in Monday morning to see if this Quicktime stream will happen.

Oh, no! I just remembered I have a doctor appointment Monday morning. Looks like I won't get to see it anyway. :(
 
Comment

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
3,099
0
Well someone earlier on said, there never do a satellite broadcast without a QT Stream. Hopefully its on when I'm not at school
 
Comment

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
145
0
Budapest, Hungary
It didn't say when it started and how long it went for.

Does anyone know?

I heard 10am start somewhere.

I'm going to have to get up really earlier to watch this one (being in Australia and all). I was so excited when I say it :)


James.
 
Comment

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
2,886
0
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by joed
It didn't say when it started and how long it went for.

Well, the start time would be the same as the satellite broadcast:

Monday, April 28, 10:00 a.m. PDT/1:00 p.m. EDT


As for how long, it depends on how many things they have to announce! :D
 
Comment

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
72
3
I also heard that the Apple Stores are showing it live. I have still to call them but I assume that they will do it as it won't be during peak hours anyway.

Good thing the semester is over and I have nothing else to do. :D
 
Comment

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
713
1
Finland
once again, Finland rules! the possible web broadcast will start here at 8pm :) perfect timing! there's no way I wouldn't be watching this!
 
Comment

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Originally posted by Windowlicker
once again, Finland rules! the possible web broadcast will start here at 8pm :) perfect timing! there's no way I wouldn't be watching this!

Not as good time as London.... heh-heh.... :p

Actually I love the live streams... sitting with a chilled beer, glued to my screen in anticipation of all the new Apple goodies!!

Wicked!!
 
Comment

madforrit

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
138
0
Berkeley, CA
did i miss something?

Hmm, I may have missed something, but why would this event be streaming from the Moscone Center?

That's where MWSF is held and where WWDC will be held in June, but I was unaware there was anything going on there on Monday that SJ would make an appearance at. Would Apple just rent out a room at Moscone for a press conference or something???

update -- checked the Moscone events calendar...nothing.
 
Comment

mstecker

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
300
0
Philadelphia
Re: did i miss something?

Originally posted by madforrit
Hmm, I may have missed something, but why would this event be streaming from the Moscone Center?

My guess is that it's a cut-and-paste typo on someone's part. Why rent out Moscone do do a private announcement? Surely Apple has the facilities to do this. Heck, Steve probably has the facilities to do this at home.
 
Comment

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
1,224
108
Re: Re: did i miss something?

Originally posted by mstecker
My guess is that it's a cut-and-paste typo on someone's part. Why rent out Moscone do do a private announcement? Surely Apple has the facilities to do this. Heck, Steve probably has the facilities to do this at home.

steve with a black mock-turtle neck - and no pants
 
Comment

a9mike

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2003
20
0
Steve owns a black mock-turtle neck? Didn't know that... hmph... I knew his house would have an area suitable to pull this off, but a black mock-turtle neck? Wow!

It's not posted on the Moscone events calendar? Oh no, maybe it won't happen...

Uh, I think Apple can pretty much do what they need to there, without having it on the monthly calendar.

The announcement probably didn't make the monthly deadline for the "newsletter/calendar".
 
Comment

silvergunuk

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
133
0
England
steve jobs pants

wouldnt it be great?! they can broadcast this new online music service with steve jobs cycling onto the stage in body hugging sweat pants listening to his ipod. He gets off his bike and brings Mike Levy onto the stage. Jobs can play Ian his co presenter and they can talk about a brand new music service that will revolutionist the music industry....you can have steve jobs sitting down at the computer showing mike levy how its done. Mike levy then has a go cycling through itunes options saying "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!". That would be great...plus it could still make us laugh in many years to come..take note stevey boy and make this announment an enjoyable 1. :)
 
Comment

sandsl

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2002
40
0
The press conference has been a secret upto a few days ago...its not going to be put on a calendar or mentioned in a newsletter :confused:
 
Comment

a9mike

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2003
20
0
uh...

my point exactly...

Pretty sure they can get "permission" whenever they need it.
 
Comment

KLFloyd

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
162
0
Gainesville, FL
Why Not Promote It?

Ok, here's what I can't figure out...

If Apple is going to have a QT stream, then why are they not promoting in anyway on their website? If they are having a stream wouldn't they want people to know it was available. I understand that they don't want to tip their hand but if they are having a strem, how are people suposed to know to watch?

Just doesn't seem to make sence to me. And why would they create a page for the event, then suddenly take it down. If there was no stream why create a page in the first place?
 
Comment

jccbin

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2001
28
0
They've used Moscone Center before for announcements. Basically, it's bigger than the Cupertino auditorium they sometimes use, so whenever they have a larger number of people coming, they rent out an auditorium at Moscone.

They used it last, I think, in 98 or 99.
 
Comment

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
145
0
Budapest, Hungary
Re: Why Not Promote It?

Originally posted by KLFloyd
Ok, here's what I can't figure out...

If Apple is going to have a QT stream, then why are they not promoting in anyway on their website? If they are having a stream wouldn't they want people to know it was available. I understand that they don't want to tip their hand but if they are having a strem, how are people suposed to know to watch?

Just doesn't seem to make sence to me. And why would they create a page for the event, then suddenly take it down. If there was no stream why create a page in the first place?

I think Apple are testing the setup. So I reckon it will be up on the weekend sometime.

They won't advertise it until it's all been setup. Also, the same could be said for the Satellite feed - which i believe was posted on apple.com/pr but then removed. There's actually nothing (that i could find) on Apple's web site about the Monday 28th event anyway.

I personally think they're leaving it all a bit late (ie live feeds), but better late than never :)


James.
 
Comment

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
713
1
Finland
Originally posted by iGAV
Not as good time as London.... heh-heh.... :p

Actually I love the live streams... sitting with a chilled beer, glued to my screen in anticipation of all the new Apple goodies!!

Wicked!!

word! haven't tried it with the pint yet, though.. maybe next monday ;)

Cheers!
 
Comment

silvergunuk

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
133
0
England
Quality nice!

Let's hope they have a few live bands to perform on stage for the keynote...would be pretty cool and maybe steve jobs doing a beatles cover for a few good laughs. Anyhow I can't wait and i'll be sitting here till monday with soiled under pants waiting for the big unveiling....quality nice! I don't drink beer but a cold pepsi and a bag of doritos and chilli dip sounds great...better get some mac owning mates around so we can all rejoice together!!!
 
Comment

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
1,142
1
Location: Location:
Re: Quality nice!

Originally posted by silvergunuk
i'll be sitting here till monday with soiled under pants waiting for the big unveiling

Thanks for sharing your plans, but please don't share those underpants...

I will watch the web stream if it happens, I don't care about the 2.00 am time here - I will sit back, enjoy, hear what gets said, sleep and dream about it for a few hours!

Yeah!!
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.