Apple will be forced to lower price on X if we don’t buy the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nox5, Sep 29, 2017.

1. nox5 macrumors 6502

Let’s wait and see if Apple lowers the price after bad sales of iPhone X in November.

2. MacSafe macrumors regular

3. barkomatic macrumors 601

I think that regardless of the price or any issues the iPhone X may or may not have--it will sell very well. I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least a 3 week wait by 8am EST.

4. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I don't think apple will ever lower the price but will offer alternatives in 2018 at better prices.

5. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Yeah they will be forced to lower it after it sells out in seconds and then goes 4-6 weeks, and then to February 2018 in under 24 hours.

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

You mean when they sell 50 million units?

7. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Apple will panic when next summer comes and supply catches up with demand.

8. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

If Apple lowers the price, then I will finally build that spaceship to explore the face of mars!

9. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

It’s been priced to make a fixed margin on a fixed bill of materials/components/assembly - part of that margin will go on recouping R&D costs, so I doubt, barring it completely flopping, that they will cut into the price... Apple’s ‘planned economy’ pricing structure resisting natural decline in price over time is one reason they are so perennially profitable...

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

This is a really good idea but I am impatient and want my device now so I will gladly spend a couple hundred extra bucks. Going forward Unless they continue with regular price increases I will continue to buy the iPhone because it is the best phone out for me. So in conclusion, this is a really bad idea.

11. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

You mean like Google is doing for the Pixel? It's 10 minutes before they release a new phone and the play store still has them at bust out retail.

12. Zigourney macrumors regular

you'll be waiting for a long time...apple will never lower its price after a launch, the next time the X will get a price drop is when a new model comes out.

13. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Yeah, this is going to happen... o_O

14. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

If the sales were bad they would lower the price. The price was lowered on the initial iPhone and they even offered partial refunds.

It can happen, but people would have to take a stand for that, which... I won't hold my breath.

15. KavalierMalta macrumors member

KavalierMalta

It will be a new record mate sadly lol. Like many others, when the pre-order window is available I will click buy on 256GB model :)

16. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

Apple will be too busy struggling to fill backorders with limited stock to care about the price. It's an iPhone, what do you expect?

The biggest issue to me isn't even the price. If the screen were bigger, and form factor a similar size to my current iPhone 6s Plus I'd probably buy it.

17. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Not going to happen.

At best, you will probably see stores like Target, Best Buy, etc. offer deals on the X (once supply catches up to demand). But Apple itself will not discount the device at all.

18. ssrij Suspended

LMFAO mate you have no idea how many millions of people are waiting to buy the X. It will get sold out within minutes and will be so hard to get until early next year.

19. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

Elon, is that you?

20. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Price didn't have anything to do with my decision... I bought a $1079 LTE 256GB 12.9 iPad Pro the same day I bought my $949 256GB 8 Plus.

Can't help but think Apple is milking the cash cow on this one though... $1149 for a 256GB X?

Wow.

$200 extra for.... ?

21. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

an edge to edge OLED HDR Screen, all the tech involved in Face ID, Dual OIS on the cameras. Well worth $200 to me.

22. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Ahhhh ok. Was gonna say... it certainly wasn't the processor so it had to be marginal "improvements" elsewhere.

23. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Don't get your hopes up.

I'm not buying a new phone this year and it's not because of price, although price is certainly a consideration.

24. RtWrecklezX macrumors member

RtWrecklezX

I believe the products leaked before the event in the firmware will have issues. A disgruntled employee did not leak everything for fun he knows something's up and I'm just gonna wait and see.

25. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Can you elaborate on what you define as "Bad sales?" Genuinely curious what makes you think Apple will Lower the price of the iPhone X and when do you Propose they do this?