APPLE will BLOCK iphone 5 IMEI from being unlocked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I just got off the phone with a local company who does unlocks and the guys says apple will be blocking the iphone 5 imei from being unlocked? is this true? why would they care

2. kilj0y macrumors member

local company? Does not sound legit already. Why would Apple care if the carriers unlock the phone globally?

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Apple does its best to thwart unauthorized unlocking, partly to thwart scalpers. However, as far as I know, AT&T's terms have not changed, and they will continue to unlock full priced phones and phones at the end of their contracts.

4. jj47 macrumors regular

5. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Local company with no name says that apple is blocking the imei. Sounds legit to me.

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I suppose I should give more details, just like you can do an unlock on ebay and they all use the same process, accessing apple's servers and submitting your imei for an unlock its nothing different att or anyone else does, this is just a local shop in town. I know tons of people who have gotten it done on iphones as new as the 4s and its done within hours. Hope he is wrong is my point lol