"Apple wouldn't make a two-tone iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deuxani, Sep 3, 2012.

1. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

2. ARSC macrumors 6502

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Apple would do it.

Just looking back when they released a white 3GS. Yeah, white back, black front. That's hideous.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That was the most hideous Apple product I have seen in a while. I said at the time white would be fine if it were on both sides. Well, eventually that's what the iPhone 4 was. I have a white iPhone 4S myself.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Always consider the source.

6. allonym macrumors regular

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

While that's technically correct, that's not what they meant by "two-tone."

8. allonym macrumors regular

Yup. Leaving aside the thread title, I think the OP has a fair point and Apple do like starkly contrasting tones, even on the same face of a device, and if anything this is a developing trend (compare unibody MacBook Pro with predecessor, aluminium iMac with white iMac, new remote with old remote). Most often the this is a consequence of replacing plastic with metal and the two tones are native aluminium colour (the metal) and black (the bit that isn't metal). Looks good to me in everything else, and I fully expect it will in the new iPhone too.

9. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

YES IT WAS... I camped out for a iPhone 3G... I wanted a 16 GB model. I was at college so I had to get it from an AT&T store. The person in line in front of me got the last black 16 GB model, so I had to get a white one. I HATED it...

A couple months later, I dropped it and cracked the screen. Got Apple to sell me a new one at the upgrade price, and sold the cracked one on eBay for $450... a nice $110 ish profit (after selling fees and tax on the new device).

---------------------------------------------------

OP: Those products you posted all look good and their colors make sense aesthetically (maybe with the exception of the original iPhone)

The two-tone iPhone looks awful IMO.

I will still buy it though... I am using the GS3 right now so I could sell my current phone before the market gets flooded. I really like the phone, but it just doesn't make sense to keep it. I am too invested into iOS and Apple. My car hookup, iTunes, iCloud... I am sure the new iPhone will be great to use, but I still think it is ugly (assuming this is EXACTLY what it will look like).

My hope is that this is the shape and design, but the real phone is much more polished.

10. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yeeeeess Apple WILL release a two tone phone and you WILL love it after reading the gushing praise in the media MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

11. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

There's a huge difference in the pictures shown and the rumored iPhone 6.

Two tone is fine if it's done well, which it is not in the prototypes, except for in the latest video leak.

12. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

13. kannesss macrumors 6502a

14. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Absolutely. I don't mind white 3GS if the front is white too. I also have a white 4S.

15. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

I liked that hint of blue colour in the brushed aluminium unibody case, seen in some of mockup photos..

16. deuxani thread starter macrumors 6502

deuxani

I still feel that the iPhone was the only product that didn't correspond with the design language of their other products. The two tone back will solve this. I'm actually starting to like it, even though I have been hoping for a iPad like back since the disappointing 4S presentation (coming from a 4 and hoping for a bigger screen and an iPad like back, the 4S was very disappointing for me :))

17. ByteArt macrumors newbie

Proportion!

I think apple would definitely make a two tone iPhone 5... just not like this. First, the camera isn't centered in the glass 'window', its squished against the bottom. Also, the mockups we have seen have all just been a stretched out iPhone 4. I think apple, a company that designs all their products, and logos to be proportionally perfect would just go stretch the phone out. It looks bad, and if you think it looks good, your wrong. Would Apple ruin the proportions of the new phone to fit a larger screen, no. They will make a new design that looks just as good.

[​IMG]

18. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Buyers round the world salivate at the mere mention of Apple