Apple, you done messed up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swish2351, Sep 22, 2013.

1. swish2351 macrumors 6502

5s: [​IMG]

5c: [​IMG]

Apple way over produced the 5c and way under produced the 5s. I don't understand why Apple thought anyone would want a plastic phone with year old technology for the savings of just $100

I honestly think Apple is slipping, fast...

2. muuhamed macrumors member

3. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I don't think they "over produced" the 5C. I just think most people are going for the 5s.

4. juswest macrumors regular

At this rate they'll be having a liquidation sale Wednesday.

5. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

5C is easier to produce so shipping times are less. Something for the 5S still takes time to make (fingerprint sensor?) but it's gonna get sorted out.

Stop making such a big deal out of it

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Shocking news... the United States isn't the only market Apple sells to.

7. petsounds macrumors 65816

The 5c is year-old tech. The 5s contains a brand-new, custom 64-bit chip and a state of the art fingerprint scanner. There are probably production issues like chip availability or manufacturing kinks to work out. They'll get it sorted. For now, dial back the hyperbole a bit.

8. jon3543 macrumors 6502

If you honestly think it, well, that's different. Would read again and recommend to a friend.

9. aapplephone macrumors member

I think 5C is not targeted for people who want phone on first day of release.

10. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

Has there every been a time they weren't slipping? Tell me about it.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

12. krazykleo macrumors regular

Thanks for bringing that forward!! Had no idea the ship dates for the 5S were pushed to October!! I don't know what I'm gonna do now :(

/sarcasm

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

I think the OP needs to chill out. As already mentioned the 5C is essentially a 5 which has been out for a year now and much easier to produce. I do agree they dropped the ball by not offering stock to online orders on their web site rather then funnelling all stock to the their and their carrier partners retail shops.

14. matttye macrumors 601

Apple has been "slipping fast" since they released the iPod according to some people. There was a thread on here saying how it was a bad idea and nobody would buy them.

I'm surprised people keep saying the same thing every year when they usually smash all previous records every year.

15. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

This is because the 5C is the 5. It's the same phone only with color plastic. The only reason to get a 5C over the 5 is if you prefer a bright color. Else, the 5 is the same phone. For most iPhone users they already have the iPhone 5 so moving to a 5C would be pointless. The only upgrade for 5 users is the 5S.

As for production, it's easy to see the 5C is easier to produce. The exterior is a simple plastic case whereas the 5S is more design specific.

16. pmau macrumors 65816

Apple would be slipping if the gold 5s would be on shelves measured in miles, like the surface for example.

17. Lammercy macrumors regular

I'm not sure if some of you are just straight up stupid or just playing stupid on the web.

18. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

I think you are the first to realize this issue. Thank you for telling us. Keep us informed!

19. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The 5s was under-produced. The 5c was not over-produced. I will predict that the 5c will still account for 55 to 65% of the sales. Why? Because most people aren't thinking like you all on this forum. The 5c is a great phone. If it were Android it would be a premium phone. There are many more colors and options for so of course there will be more available. Simple math.

Just FYI the place I went to get my phones had 3 5c's and 1 5s by the time I checked out... They have double the stock if 5c's then 5s. I'd say its selling pretty well regardless of its "tech"

20. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

How do you know that they overproduced the 5c? The fact that they are still readily available might just mean that they have an ADEQUATE supply. The mentality that a product has failed if you can still buy one easily 2 days after launch is exactly what makes companies under-supply so that they brag about long lines, quick sellouts, and backorders. An adequate supply at launch should be enough to last the first few weeks at least.

21. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Didn't Macrumors post a rumor from a analyst saying that Apple was having yield issues with the finger-print sensor? That could have been the reason that couldn't make them quick enough and they were in short supply at launch.

22. deaglecat macrumors 6502

well it is this simple.

the 5c to 5s cost difference is low compared to the extras that you get..

motion processor
    a7
    nicer case
    better camera
    touch id

so the (western) market has voted to say the 5s is the better buy. apple must have know this because they hire folk who understand markets...

5s is a no brainer unless you just look at the upfront cost on a contract that will cost a thousand or more

23. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

And last year it was not enough retina displays...

There's always a convenient reason why people have to fight to get one at launch.

24. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

5C was not overproduced and will sell just fine. It's just easier to manufacturer.

5s was underproduced, it is just more difficult to get the quantities that are desired at launch. This isn't new. It happens every year. The new model sells out on launch day and it's backed up/hard to get for the first month or two. This isn't a big news flash.

25. skidbubble macrumors 6502

Hello, pot? This is kettle.

If anybody needs to "dial back the hyperbole", it's the apple user base.

- brand-new
    - custom
    - state of the art
    - groundbreaking
    - revolutionary
    - innovative
    - magical

This is just a small example of the hyperbole and buzz-words spewed forth from the apple fan base on an almost daily basis.