Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Applecare+ after purchase

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hello,

I want to buy applecare+ for my apple watch. The issue is that I have already bought the watch few days back and when i try to add it to my cart on apple's site, it says it can be only purchased along with other products and therefore removes from the cart.

Now I know that I am eligible to buy applecare+ upto 60 days from the date of purchase.

So how do i go about buying it now. I want to buy it online.

Thanks.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
you may need to bring it into a store.

Try downloading the Apple support app.
One that is ready it should list the watch, tap on it and scroll around and see if Apple care is available.

More than likely it’s a trip back to the store.

Comment

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
I had no problem buying it online offer the fact. Asks permission to run diagnostics in the watch then your done. Sorry I don’t remember the specifics of how I got it. Maybe the app on my phone.

Reactions: Resqu2
Comment

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Hello,

I want to buy applecare+ for my apple watch. The issue is that I have already bought the watch few days back and when i try to add it to my cart on apple's site, it says it can be only purchased along with other products and therefore removes from the cart.

Now I know that I am eligible to buy applecare+ upto 60 days from the date of purchase.

So how do i go about buying it now. I want to buy it online.

Thanks.

I prurcahsed AppleCare+ a couple of weeks afterwards and just spoke to them over the phone to activate. They didn’t even run any diagnostics on the watch.

Comment

laurasaur25

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2013
If you go to the page on the website that lists all your personal devices then there should be a button to add AppleCare to the watch.

Comment

BillGates1969

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Bournemouth
I went on apple chat and did it that way.

Or as others have said if you login with your Apple ID and get a list of your devices you can add it that way.

Comment

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
What if you purchase apple care at the time of sale.
If it returnable any time? or just in the 14 day return period?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.