AppleCare+ covers Airport Extreme/Express puchased up to 2 years prior or after?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iphoneuserinyyz, Mar 8, 2012.

1. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

The AppleCare+ terms seem to indicate that when you purchase AppleCare+ for the new iPad, it also covers any Airport products purchased up to 2 years before that date, or any purchased while AppleCare+ is in effect (2 years after purchase date for the iPad).

AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:

Your iPad
    Battery1
    Time Capsule or AirPort device3
    Included USB cable and power adapter
    Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee1

The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your iPad purchase or during the term of your AppleCare+ coverage.

Not that I am complaining, but does it not seem strange to offer retroactive coverage for an unrelated product, or a product that I might purchase at any time in the next 2 years?

2. urkel, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

Do you have the link because Oddly enough, one accessory AppleCare doesn't cover is it's own smart cover. I wonder if that changed with AppleCare+.

I know a few leather smart cover owners who are seeing separation between the layers or magnet failure but it's not covered by either iPad AppleCare or even it's own 1yr warranty since it's considered "wear and tear" which is kind of rough since it's an $80 piece of innovative leather.

Edit:
    Found the link. AppleCare+ for iPad. Looks like no smart cover coverage but the fact that it covers my Time Capsule is pretty cool.