Applecare+ ding on phone side

teeck2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I accidentally dropped my phone and it has 2 little dings on the side and I need to go into the applestore to get Applecare + since I didn't get it when i purchased the iPhone 6+. They said they need to "inspect" phones before you can purchase the plan if you didn't buy it at the time of the iPhone purchase.

I am worried now that they will not let me get the Applecare+. The phone otherwise looks fine nothing else is wrong, except for the 2 small dings. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Thanks

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
Put a case on.
I just got back from store. They didnt even check the phone.
Better yet...call over the phone to buy.

teeck2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I called and asked an applestore but they said I need to come into the store. Do I call applecare, or apple directly or a physical applestore to order over the phone?

Thanks!

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2013
I think they send you text with a link for a simple diagnostics (at least that's what they did for me). If everything checks out, you should be able to purchase through the phone.

teeck2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I don't have Applecare+ I am just worried I can't get it since I dinged the phone a bit...

Thanks Everyone!

teeck2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Thanks again everyone, I called the AppleCare number and did it through the phone, easy, no need to get to the store. Much Appreciated! Now lets hope I don't drop it again before my case comes in tomorrow.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks again everyone, I called the AppleCare number and did it through the phone, easy, no need to get to the store. Much Appreciated! Now lets hope I don't drop it again before my case comes in tomorrow.
do you call them from the iphone or a different number or does it matter

I have never actually got applecare on my iphones but I am thinking about it this time

can you share what happened like the process

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
As others have said, I have bought Applecare+ in store, three times (iPhone 5 and two different 6s) at two different stores. They just pull up the serial number in the settings menu and take your payment. They didn't ask for any of the phones to be taken out of their cases.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
It doesn't matter what phone you call from but you will need your iPhone ready to receive a text message. So it's easier if you call from a separate phone. You click on the link in the message they give you and they verify your phone is eligible and working properly. Give them your credit card info and they send you a confirming email. Nothing to it. :cool:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
It doesn't matter what phone you call from but you will need your iPhone ready to receive a text message. So it's easier if you call from a separate phone. You click on the link in the message they give you and they verify your phone is eligible and working properly. Give them your credit card info and they send you a confirming email. Nothing to it. :cool:
awesome thanks

teeck2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
They ask for your serial number and then send you a iOS diagnostic text on the phone to check, after that, if everything is okay they ask for payment information. Pretty straight forward.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Just got my AppleCare+ for my iPhone 6 since I upgrade every two years...
I never bought it before, this is the first time, rather be safe than sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.