APPLECARE + Email from Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MajorTCS, Sep 15, 2012.

1. MajorTCS macrumors regular

This morning I received an email saying that I could still receive AppleCare+ if I contacted Apple. GUESS WHAT? After the initial hookup you are told the call volume is still too high. Ordered my iPhone 5 in the 1st hour, from the App store.

2. Built macrumors 68020

The email tells you to reply to the email. Once the reply is received since it is tagged with your order ID, I would imagine they will charge AppleCare + to your order.

3. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

^^^
    Correct, I didn't have the option to add AppleCare + to my 4s last year and apple emailed me about it. I responded to the email and it was added to my order.

4. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I received the email as well. Is AppleCare+ really worth the money? It seems like it would take 2 replacement instances for it to be worth paying for it since you can get an out of warranty replacement for 199...

5. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Yes- just don't lose the device.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I was elated to get the email this morning. I don't usually buy extended warranties for anything, but electronics is my exception. This was an easy way to add it to the pre-order. :cool:

7. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I got this too. On the one hand, it was Apple's oversight that AppleCare+ was not available when using the iOS app to preorder the iPhone 5. On the other hand their solution was pretty swift. They didn't send me a link to another page, or a form to fill out. They just said, "Reply to this email and we'll take care of it." Couldn't have been easier.