Applecare EUROPE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wuiffi, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

There are many threads about AppleCare and AppleCare + in the Us, but I found not much information about AppleCare outside the US here. Since there is no AppleCare + with it's two 50 bucks replacements here in Europe my questions are:
    *I read alot about out of warranty replacements for 200$ - is there something similar in Europe (I found nothing on the Apple website)
    *AppleCare doesn't cover drops, so if there is no such thing like the one mentioned above it means, drop it once and if you are s** out of luck it means another 679€ (890$)?

EDIT: And as far as I know European law requires 2 year warranty - so what extras does the 70€ applecare cover?

2. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Yes, at €149.

Indeed. But this is what insurance is for.

You should consider whether you need AppleCare though, with EU consumer laws being such that you should be able to get things replaced (albeit with slightly more effort than AppleCare) within two years. Though keep note, this is the seller's warranty, not Apple's. So for best results, buy from Apple so they are the seller too.

3. Wuiffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

Wow thanks, that's what I hoped to hear. So I just have to get my hands on the 5 now (no preordering in Austria :/ )

4. xAnthony, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

From what I understand, AppleCare+ only exists in North America, and Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Found this.