AppleCare expiring in Nov.2013, but leaving for Japan for 4 months, need service...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShootingStars, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

My battery is consistently draining in less than 16 hours and I am only using music with WIFI off...

I really need a replacement battery but there seems to be no genius appointment at all until Sept. 5, and I am leaving for Japan for 4 months on Sept. 3. Should I just go to the Apple Store tomorrow and talk to them? I cannot leave the iPhone here... I need it with me for Japan.

The alternative is using the Apple Store in Japan but I don't know enough Japanese to explain my problem.

2. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Just go to the store and explain the situation, they should take care of you. Warranty coverage on electronics usually doesn't transfer to countries outside of where you purchased it.

3. SpoekGTi macrumors regular

Well, Applecare does, it provides worldwide service in any Apple store or APR. So if it's a problem to get an appointment before you leave to Japan, i'd consider visiting an Apple store in Japan.

4. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

5. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

If you walk into the store you can do a stand by appointment. It may take a while but they will eventually see you.

6. Bear macrumors G3

Because of carrier issues, iPhone AppleCare coverage is usually per country. I suggest you walk in to the Apple Store and explain you're leaving the country and your warranty expires while you're out of country if they try and make an appointment for after you leave the country.