AppleCare for 15” MBP… Where to buy for a good price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by devincco, Sep 9, 2009.

1. devincco macrumors member

devincco

Hi all. I just recently purchased my very first Mac, a 15” MacBook Pro. And well, I love it. So now I’m looking at getting the AppleCare service to extend the warranty. Can someone recommend a good place that is legit to buy it from for cheaper than what Apple sells it for? I know there are sellers on E-bay, but I’ve heard that quite a bit of them are not legit. If you know of a seller’s name that is legit, then please let me know. Otherwise I’ll stick with Apple or another authorized Apple retailer. Thanks in advance.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My only recommendation is not to buy Applecare from eBay, but buy it instead from a reputable seller. I bought mine (for my 15" MBP) from the Apple vendor who had sold me the computer. The only other thing to remember is that you can buy Applecare at any time during the first year, while the original Apple warranty runs, and not one minute after that. So, I'd suggest that you buy it before the first year runs out.

Cheers and good luck

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

I bought apple care for my iPhone from a guy on ebay, and it was legit. He has 100% feedback. I can give you his ebay ID if you want. He is selling one for $170 for the 15"...

4. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Amazon or LA.

I would only buy from ebay if the seller has been selling more than a year and includes the box and serial number attached.