AppleCare+ for replacement iPhone 4S??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djn4eva, Jun 12, 2012.

1. djn4eva macrumors regular

Hi, I've looked everywhere on here and i just can't find the right answer. I dropped my iPhone and the entire back glass shattered. I know i will have to pay $199 for a replacement. When i get the replacement will i be allowed to add AppleCare+ to it? Hope someone can help!:confused::confused::confused:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is your 4S still within the 1 year warranty? My understanding is that outside of 30 days from purchase, but within a year, AppleCare+ is no longer an option, only the standard AppleCare. If the 4S is older than a year you cannot purchase extended coverage of any sort for it from Apple.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If it's only the back cover that is shattered, Apple will replace it for $29.00. Also ask Apple if you can add Applecare + after it is replaced and see what they say.

4. TinyBFK macrumors member

Buy a back off eBay or amazon they aren't oem but they are cheap and they work. Plus it's only 2 screws. Or like the previous guy said pay apple $29 to replace just the back.

5. djn4eva thread starter macrumors regular

yes it's still under warranty i just got it in February. WOW i didn t know it was only $30 to get it repaired :eek::eek: Thanks this sounds good.. hopefully they'll let me get it. i Love :apple: