AppleCare+ from Verizon Retail Stores?

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, but if I want to purchase my iP5 from my local Verizon corporate store can I also purchase applecare+ directly from them?

I've heard a few conflicting answers on this subject and am just wondering if anyone has some solid answers...

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
From what I know personally, I called the corporate Verizon store in my area and they said that the only way to add applecare+ was to go to an apple store. They were more than willing to add their TEC coverage though for 10 bucks a month. Not worth it in my opinion when applecare+ is only 99 for two years.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
the online chat CSR told me yes (I have a screenshot) but alas, was wrong.

There was no option online.
no option during pre-order
no option online now.
no option over the phone.

in other words... Verizon can NOT sell you an applecare + warranty. Call applecare or go to an apple retail store.

ishap69

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Actually you can. I got my iPhone 5 at a Verizon corporate store and was able to purchase the Applecare+ from them at the time of purchase. Apparently it must be purchased at the same time you purchase the iPhone. I have even received my Applecare+ Certificate via email from Apple.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Actually you can. I got my iPhone 5 at a Verizon corporate store and was able to purchase the Applecare+ from them at the time of purchase. Apparently it must be purchased at the same time you purchase the iPhone. I have even received my Applecare+ Certificate via email from Apple.
What?! How the heck did they do that? Are you sure it's an applecare + and not some other bogus warranty? When I called about it, they offered to sell me like 4 different things... none of which were applecare +

ishap69

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Here is a screenshot of the email I got from Apple the same day I did the purchase. (I blacked out any personal info). They just rang it up as an accessory. I was offered it when I purchased the 4s for my wife as well.

Attachments

ishap69

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Oh and to make it better I even got my corporate discount on the Applecare+ because it's the system as an accessory and I get 20% off all accessories from Verizon, hehe.