Applecare+ over phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsduke, Oct 29, 2012.

1. tsduke macrumors regular

Will Apple still allow adding AC+ over the phone on a phone I will receive in November? Apple's delivery dates suck so gonna order from Verizon.

2. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

I was able to add it over the phone when I received my iPhone 5 last week. it doesn't matter when you order it, but when you receive/activate it.

3. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. Hoping that was the case. Closest store for me is 2.5 hours away.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I did it. Had to ask to be "escalated" since the initial person wouldn't do it even though I told her that I had been told if I lived over XX miles away (50, maybe?) that they could do it for me OTP. I also told her I had done it for my 4s and ipad 3 without issue. She wouldn't budge but got me over to someone who would.

5. hardax macrumors regular

I only live about 30 minutes away from an Apple Store. Since my phone wasnt activated yet they let me buy it over the phone. He said otherwise I would have to go into the store.

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I was able to buy applecare+ over the phone 2 weeks after I purchased ip5 on launch day. No questions asked. I live about 80 miles from closest apple store.

7. AJAAY macrumors regular

It just depends on the rep you get. I was able to purchase AC+ over the phone a few weeks after I purchased the 5. I live about 12 miles from an Apple store.

8. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

i added it 3 weeks after i purchased. I made sure to call while by an Apple store in case they wanted to evaluate it but they didnt.

9. Cuechick macrumors 6502

Cuechick

10. darster Suspended

I think some of the Apple reps are clueless. On the day I received my iphone 5, I called them requesting applecare+ and specifically told them I live 200 miles from the nearest apple store. The rep would not sell it to me unless I brought it in to an apple store. Again I told her I live 200 miles away from the nearest apple store. Again the answer was no. Told her she was clueless and was going to squaretrade. Since they record the calls, I called back, asked for a supervisor and told her the employee's name and her refusal to sell me applecare+. Unhappy customer=unhappy rep after supervisor chews her out.

11. JBG87 macrumors member

i went to apple store to buy it, was on the my 29th day, the guy didnt even check the phone, he grabbed the serial and placed it down on the table and started talking about some party with his coworkers