Resolved applecare+ overseas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Globug, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Globug, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012

Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

just a quick question. So i currently have an 4s with applecare+ which i bought in NOVEMBER of last year. My applecare+ doesn't run out until 2013 or 2014, can't remember, doesn't matter, it is what it is. But January 2013 i am moving to Australia until 2015 or longer, so would my applecare+ be valid or void when i move overseas?

How/what would you recommend i do with my itunes account, and apps in general? I'm taking my phone with me since its already unlocked.

Thanks.

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I'd give Apple a call and ask them for their official stance on your question.

3. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

It's not mentioned explicitly in the TOS, but what is mentioned is that the U.S. version of the TOS is only valid in the U.S. I would also recommend just calling the AppleCare+ support number and asking. Apple does offer the service in other countries, but it may vary slightly.

4. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

just called apple. they said all is sweet, and its as if i was still home.

just wondering about the itunes... change or leave as is?

5. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

US iTunes store tends to get content first, and at lower prices. If you have the access to keep a US credit card or to buy US itms gift cards, I'd say keep it US.

6. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Cool. Thanks for getting back & sharing with the thread.

If you like, you could mark the thread as "Resolved" to avoid future (useless) advice after the fact.

-Will

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

I bought my iPad 3 on release day while I was working in New York and bought AppleCare + for it at the same time.

I did ask the guy if it was valid worldwide as I lived in the UK and was told it was.

In May, I managed to damage the screen, so I made an appointment at my local Apple store.

Initially the guy looked at it and told me it would be £249 and when told him I had AC+ he just looked at me in a slightly confused manner!

Anyway, he went away and came back with a brand new (yes, brand spanking new) iPad. He apologised for not knowing about AC+ as they don't sell it in the UK, but explained that his boss had put it through by "pushing a few buttons that they don't normally push".

HTH.

8. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

Sure if you like! :D