AppleCare Plus Question (Canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Sep 22, 2012.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

Sorry for the simple question...I know most of you would like to talk about iPhone 5 issues right now, but any wisdom you can pass along is greatly appreciated to ease my mind through the night (while Apple Stores are currently in hibernation).

I bought an iPhone 5 at launch, at a local Apple Store but I didn't get Applecare. I was told I have 30 days to decide.

So now, I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Applecare plus (the accidental damage coverage looks like a good thing to have). The thing is, due to a defect, I had my original iPhone 5 swapped in the store for a good one.
    Will I still be eligible to purchase Applecare plus that covers accidental damage, even though I've done this? My phone is still in perfect shape by the ways.

My normal me says I'm still eligible, but my panicky me says no. Help please.

2. CanucksRock macrumors member

I had to have my iPhone 5 replaced at the Apple Store today (in Canada) because it had a hardware problem and I was able to purchase AppleCare+ after the swap (since I had issues right off the bat - I figured it would be a good idea!)

So yes - you can get AppleCare+ on the replacement.

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you very much for your reply. I can now sleep soundly. :)