Applecare+ Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antman2x2, Sep 22, 2013.

1. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

Hello guys.

I ordered my 5S through the AT&T store and my phone will be delivered tomorrow. I realized that I wasnt offered applecare+ because I went through the AT&T store.

I know that you cant buy applecare+ after you purchase the phone but I was not offered it in the first place. What do I do?

2. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Call Apple or go to the local apple store. You have 30 days to purchase it.

3. fsumom macrumors regular

This is on Apple's website. I wonder if it also applies to iPhones purchased through carriers.

How to get AppleCare+
    Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

5. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah great, I thought applecare+ had a different set of rules than applecare. Unless they are the same thing now.... thanks though! :)

6. wxman2003 Suspended

You have 2 choices. Go to the Apple store within the first 30 days and purchase apple care. They have to inspect the phone. or you can call Apple directly and have it added over the phone. They may tell you that you have to visit the apple store. Last year people posted that if you live more than 50 miles away they would waive the trip to apple requirement. However, it did not work for me, even though I live 200 miles away from closest Apple store. I ended up with Square trade. If you cant make it to an Apple store if it does break, then Square trade is just as good. In the past Apple would send you a replacement phone first and then you sent broken one to them. Now you send it to them first, and then they send replacement. Just like Square trade.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Don't open the phone. Just take the entire unopened box in. They will put AC+ right on it for you. You can still get it if the phone is opened, but a genius is required to check it out. As busy as the Apple Store is right now, this might require a longer wait/appointment.

8. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

9. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

This is AppleCare+ number. 1 (800) 275-2273.

Tell them you need to buy AppleCare+, they might ask about a nearby apple store just tell them it'll inconvenient you. They'll ask for the serial or IMEI number, then they'll send you an email or text msg to do a quick diagnostic test. (Probably to confirm you have a i5s) They'll ask for your credit card, after it goes through they'll give you some purchase type number(I forget the name). And that's it.

You'll have AppleCare+!

(I just did this about 2 hours ago)

10. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome!

11. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

Just call them. That's what I did. They didn't make me go to the store.

12. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Easiest for me is to take it to the store before I open the box, that way all they have to do is scan it, and no do a full inspection on it.