AppleCare+ replacing broken iPhone 4s with iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkoos, Sep 25, 2012.

1. pinkoos macrumors regular

Hi,

Just curious if anybody has had their broken iPhone 4s (broken due to accidental damage, i.e., drop, water, etc.) replaced with an iPhone 5 at the Apple Store under the $50 copay warranty of AppleCare+?

Would be interesting to hear of anybody's experiences, etc.

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I don't think they'd replace it with a 5 - just another 4S.

3. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I would think as well, but just wanted to see if anybody has had any experience to the contrary (ie, getting replacement with a 5).

4. mainomega macrumors 6502

Huh ? Why would you even think this would happen ? If you bring a 3GS or 3G they will give you a 3GS or 3G.

5. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

Not necessarily. I remember not too long ago when they starting replacing the white iPhone 4 with white iPhone 4s b/c of supply issues.

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

If you give it a year or two then you might have a chance, as the stock will be lower. Also they will have th 16 GB for a while since they are still selling those, so you may only have luck getting an upgrade if you have the 32 GB or 64 GB. But that will be a while. There is some word that starting this month people getting 3GS replacements (probably 16/32 GB) might get an iPhone 4 if the store is out of stock.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Apple has plenty of iPhone 4S's left. If you need a replacement for a 4S that is what they will give you.

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I only ever heard of them giving away 4's instead of 3GS' a few weeks ago.

4S are still in production, you won't get an iPhone 5.

9. JoshObra macrumors regular

If that was the case, I would buy (and a thousand others) an AC+ warranty right after I submit this post.

(Whoever replaced that 4s to a 5 won't probably have a job tomorrow)

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Maybe in a couple of years they might, but right now I don't think they would do that. They did replace my iPhone 3G with a 3GS a month ago though.

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I remember they replaced peoples 4's with 4S's because they didn't have a certain gb size in stock...

But no, 4S are still in demand, and still being manufactured. You'll get a 4S.