AppleCare Via Verizon & AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willmtaylor, Sep 17, 2012.

1. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

All,
    Several people have had questions regarding AppleCare+ (the extended AppleCare protection that covers 2 incidents of accidental damage and extends the manufacturer warranty to 2 years) that cost $99 + $50 per accidental incident/replacement.

The question popping up is whether one can add on AC+ after he has (pre)ordered his iPhone through his wireless provider. On AC+'s website (here), it states that it must be added on at time of purchase or can be added within 30 days IF brought into an Apple store and inspected by a genius for damage.

The problem, however, is that AC+ can't be added on via AT&T & VZW, so if someone doesn't live within a reasonable driving distance of an Apple store, how can he get AC+?

An Apple customer service rep told me this morning that those who (pre)order via their wireless provider can still have AC+ added on by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. He said that it can be done, but in general the sooner the better. He also said that it's more likely to be rejected the later someone waits (day 29, for example), but that in most instances Apple will add on the AC+. It's just not advertised b/c of the potential for fraud (someone not ordering AC+, dropping their iPhone, then adding it over the phone after the fact).

I hope this helps and clears things up,
    will

:apple::apple::apple:

2. 3rd Rock, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Thank you for the heads up. I went to Verizon the other day and asked the same question about AppleCare +. They were wrong with their answer of course, and had to make a call to Apple for clarification.

Edited: I called AppleCare + rep just now and they said what was posted by willmataylor above. You may purchase AppleCare + from the major carriers, than after its activated you can call Apple to purchase applecare + but within 30 days. Thanks OP for the post