AppleCare with Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

So I pre ordered the iPhone on Verizon's website I want to purchase apple care plus how would I go about this?? Can I still get it could I call apple and have it put on my iPhone

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

You'll have to take your iPhone to an Apple Store and have a Genius inspect it for damage, and then you may purchase AppleCare+

3. Joalabear macrumors member

You can get it if you bring it to an Apple Store within 30 days of having your iPhone (it says purchase date on the AppleCare+ page, but considering this is a Pre-order, I think it should be within 30 days of the delivery date). That's what I plan to do. :) If anything, calling Apple themselves would be your best bet.

Here's the link to the AppleCare+ page: http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575LL/A/applecare-for-iphone

4. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

If I bought it online through Verizon could I just go on apples site and buy AppleCare and put it on my phone?? Maybe I should just go into store and do it

5. christyn macrumors 6502a

No, the website only lets you buy it when you purchase it at the same time as the phone.

Only option is to take in into the apple store

6. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

Last year same thing happened to me, I called apple the day I received the phone and asked them how to get applecare, they did it over the phone. Maybe that policy has changed, but i'm not excited about having to go to the apple store in the first 30 days of an iphone release LOL i'm glad they have appointments!