AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by philfry, Sep 14, 2012.

1. philfry macrumors regular

Just like last year I saw no option to add AppleCare+ to my order. Last year they e-mailed me about it. This was the easiest pre-order i've done. I'm done by 3:30 and I can go back to bed? Awesome.

I just went on the apple store on my ipad. For some reason on my MBP it still says the store isn't open yet.

Good Luck everyone!

2. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Same here ordered from iPhone app and it didn't show that for me either.

3. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

Yeah I couldn't add it either. I guess I'll call tomorrow.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Option was there for me, as was the adapter also. I just clicked on "Add to Cart" and it said "automatic registration".

5. Vesper6 macrumors newbie

There was no option on the AT&T preorder either. I'd rather not have to go to an Apple store for visual inspection to add it.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Same here - no option for AppleCare+.

That aside, it was an absolute piece of cake this year.

7. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I (again) forgot to add it as I did not see it right in front of my face. I was more concerned about getting the order in before the site crashed and burned. I'll call or email in the next few days for them to add it. They took care of it last year without issue.

8. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

You can add AppleCare+ within first 30 days. I was afraid of trying to add it and slowing down the process, so I'm just going to go in sometime in the next month to the Apple Store and get it added. Just going to make sure I get them to print me out some kind of documentation in-store since I didn't have the advantage of having the serial and plan linked on purchase.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Applecare+ really is a bad deal guys...don't want to talk you out of it if you know all the info and still decide you want it, but be aware that you can get your iPhone replaced for $200 if you damage it, under warranty or not. That's only $50 more than if you don't have Applecare+, but you don't have to spend any money at all if you never break it.

Of course, if you think you'll break it more than once over its lifetime it's a whole different ballgame

10. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Using the Apple Store app on my iPhone, I saw no option to add AppleCare+.
    Like last year, I sent and email to applestoreinfo@apple.com requesting it be added to my order.