Applecare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by squidkitten, Sep 14, 2012.

1. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I couldn't figure out a way to tack on Applecare + while upgrading through Verizon (I don't even know if it's possible…), so is there a way I can get Applecare without having to go to the Apple Store? The nearest one is over an hour away and I really don't want to make the drive just for them to look at it and tell me my out of the box iPhone is in perfect condition before they can sell it to me.

Can I just do it online?

2. fatherlytoaster macrumors newbie

It appears as though you must go into the store in order to purchase applecare+

Attached Files:

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Just want to say, how nutty is that ? If you buy at the Apple store brand new in the box, you get the AppleCare +, but if you get it at a Carrier brand new in the box, one must go to an Apple Store to check it out first. How dumb is that ? There both brand new in a box at time of sale. :confused:

Sorry, just had to vent

4. VitaminH macrumors newbie

Same boat here, didn't expect apple.com to sell out so fast so I had to pre-order through Verizon...closest Apple Store to me is a 3 hour drive. :(

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

You get AppleCare, not AppleCare + The AC+ is optional...

6. rparent63 macrumors member

When I ordered my iPhone 4S last year, I received an email from Apple a few days before my iPhone shipped to me asking me to reply to their email if I wanted Applecare+ and they added the $99 to my credit card after I replied with a yes. Maybe they will do this with the iPhone 5 also this year. I didn't see it as an option when I placed my order for the iPhone 5 today either. Hopefully I will get an email from Apple in a few days to add Applecare to my order.

7. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I just got off the phone with Apple, and they said that there was an issue with their order form last night so Applecare was absent from the options, but they would add Applecare no problem.

Unfortunately, because I bought my phone from Verizon, they can't do anything about it sigh :/ so I'll have to take a nice trip to Omaha to have them inspect the phone i just pulled from the box.

8. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

I talked to apple too, explained I preordered from verizon but didn't see an applecare option. He said as soon as you get your phone call apple and order applecare as they'll make an exception.

9. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Oh awesome. I'll try that, then. Maybe talking to a different person will work out. I'd much rather do it over the phone than have to drive an hour to have them look at my phone for five minutes.

10. citibob macrumors newbie

it's very easy

I just called Applecare at 800-275-2273. Gave them the phone serial number and my info, took maybe 5 minutes total to add the plan. Phone had to be activated, and AT&T had to communicate to Apple the activation date, which took approximately 24 hours. Apple made it very easy, and the CS rep couldn't have been nicer.