Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTBing

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
"One more thing." Once upon a time, the company was known as Apple Computers.
Then it became just plain ol' "Apple."
On 25 March, Tim Apple will announce their new corporate name: "Apple Services."
Crazy how companies change as the landscapes of technology and business change.

Reactions: lunarworks

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Of course you can ignore specific news outlets in the Apple news app, and you’ve always been able to. 1) tap on an article from that source in the feed 2) tap the name of the news outlet in the header 3) tap the heart with a line through it. The app will stop showing news from that source. I’ll send you my bill for that $9.99.;)
]'

Holey Moley I did not know that. Thank you!

Reactions: JTBing

jeremiah256

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Southern California
As alluded to by the "w" in the invite, we're clearly getting a new subscription-based TV service that we can awkwardly fold ourselves up and watch!
eye-twitch-crazy-smile-emoji-gif.826075

Yeah, that 'W' isn't doing it for me marketing wise. A very rare miss by Apple in this regard.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
This might be the most useless Apple Event in 2019 and I don't expect Apple to "blow my mind" anymore like that greedy Tim Cook said...

Simple solution, don't stream the keynote and don't watch the keynote later. Then, Apple will pay attention if no one watches it. Of course, with the current Apple, the solution for the next keynote will be something like putting some band on stage to get the attention Apple cannot, instead of designing and building great products.

Reactions: Trin813

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Apple promised a new Mac Pro this year.

Where is it?
It's still Q1 of 2019 and this is an event about video and news streaming services so we're not even close yet. WWDC 2019 is the best bet but that might only contain an announcement about a new Mac Pro.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I am definitely getting the new ipad mini to replace my 5 yr old ipad mini 2. I wish it would get the flat edged design of the pros with face ID & apple pencil 2 support, but it doesn’t look like that is happening.

But i am most intrigued about the ipod touch. What will Apple do with it? I don’t currently have an iphone. In fact, I don’t have any phone. By choice. I travel a lot & communicate exclusively thru my ipad with a grandfathered unlimited AT&T data plan. I know i am in the minority, or perhaps totally alone lol...but this setup works for me.

I am a travel blogger, and I use a 5th gen ipod touch as my pocket travel camera along with a gopro & drone.

So I am really curious about this rumored ipod touch. I would love to see a beefed up camera on par with the iphone cameras. When you really think about it, an ipod touch primarely marketed as a music device doesn’t make much sense anymore. Apple could market it as an ipad nano actually. But one that you don’t feel silly taking pictures with. I dunno.

I know a lot of people are saying that the ipod touch is a gateway device for little kids...and that does make sense. But most kids i know have an iphone so their parents can keep in contact with them.

Ipod touches only have wifi. Who knows...Maybe Apple will add cellular?! I doubt it. But the ipod touch really seems to be in no mans land as far as identity. All the more reason for Apple to try something interesting & unique with the ipod touch this time. Really surprise people. Give it a 360 degree camera! Lol.

I think it’s safe to say none of that will happen tho. I see a modest speed increase. Updated basic camera, and it will be marketed for kids as a gaming device more than a camera or music player. We’ll see.

pearvsapple

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2012
Tim Cook:
"Introducing the brand new Mac lineup: MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, Mac Pro... all of them come with slow ARM processor and everyone's favorite phone operating system iOS."

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
“I don’t like what they report so it’s not news.” Need a safe space?

It’s not quite that. The problem is that many of our once beloved news sources have become propaganda outlets. The news journalists do not ask basic questions around the stories they pretend to cover - and a lot of people have noticed! Who what when where why - that’s all GONE. Instead you get opinions and assumptions pushed even when there are obvious doubts and a whole other side of the story that needs to be told but is instead completely ignored.

It’s sad - we now have the ministry of truth telling us this and that “without a doubt” and it just isn’t so.

“Don’t believe what you think” became my new motto several years ago. Try questioning the next story you read and ask why they won’t even pose a simple question opposite to the opinion they are pushing on the “news”.

News is something that should be reported - not preached.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
So this means I need to wait until October to find out that MacBooks are still overpriced, storage is more expensive per ounce than gold, and the keyboard and T chips are still premature failure points?

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Tim Cook:
"Introducing the brand new Mac lineup: MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, Mac Pro... all of them come with slow ARM processor and everyone's favorite phone operating system iOS."

"We are introducing them today...hope to show them off at WWDC and then likely release them in the Fall"

(and 3 of the models will get delayed into 2020)

Reactions: WatchFromAfar

AppleorSamsung

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2016
We? You can speak for yourself, I always look forward to these types of events, because generally, we really never know what to expect, and any hardware is merely a bonus for an event that may not necessarily be solely focused on hardware like the fall keynote is. Try staying open minded, that way you don’t set yourself up for disappointment for something that’s not guaranteed.

I'm disappointed as well

Reactions: tubomac

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Jeez, reading the comments on this post make me never want to visit this site again...and I've been a member for what 17 years...

The Negative rhetoric on MacRumors isn’t indicative of everybody elses viewpoints on the keynote on March 25, it’s a very small percentage of users. Think about it, millions of people/media outlets will be tuning into this event to see what Apple has to offer in terms of services and maybe even hardware, there is a lot of negativity on _this site_ , you just have to sift through it and use your own perception of what you want to see, and overlook those who simply have nothing more to offer than Snark comments that really aren’t worth anything of value. On that note, I do look forward to see what March 25 has to offer, as I think Apple’s keynote is usually I find interesting for the few that we are entertained with during the year.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
"Apple is working on a $9.99 per month subscription news service that would give Apple News users unlimited access to stories from paywalled sites like The New York Times and the Washington Post."

Nope. Not one dime to either of those so-called "news organizations".

I hope they are smarter than that. As biased as many people are, I would be hoping for something real when it comes to news. Not just whoever is making a good business out of it or making propaganda out of it.

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
"Apple is working on a $9.99 per month subscription news service that would give Apple News users unlimited access to stories from paywalled sites like The New York Times and the Washington Post."

Nope. Not one dime to either of those so-called "news organizations".
I know, right? They probably giving access to fake news.

Reactions: Jim Higgins

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast

Hardware
We're expecting minor updates for a number of Apple products, including the iPad mini, iPad, AirPods, and iPod touch, and the launch of the AirPower is rumored to be on the horizon.
Article Link: March 2019 Apple Event: What to Expect
What about iMacs?!
[doublepost=1552436049][/doublepost]
Me too.
I have realized that it’s been many years now since I’ve actually been super excited about one.

It really is a bummer.

I agree. Heck, I used to put them on the calendar and made it a point to watch one way or another or at least follow a live feed at work. Now, meh

Reactions: jeffreyg

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
What about iMacs?!
[doublepost=1552436049][/doublepost]

I agree. Heck, I used to put them on the calendar and made it a point to watch one way or another or at least follow a live feed at work. Now, meh

You are they guys making this place boring, with the same old line like a bunch of party members. Do you prepare in Reddit?

Reactions: lunarworks
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.