Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Beats brand today launched a collection of new Solo3 Wireless Headphones in a range of bright color combinations, including yellow and blue, white and red, red and blue, and navy and white.

beats1-800x329.jpg

The new headphones are priced at $199.95 like other Solo3 Wireless models, and with their launch, Beats has discontinued all other available Solo3 headphones with the exception of the special Mickey version.

beats2-800x548.jpg

Like most Beats headphones, the Solo3 models are equipped with a W1 wireless chip for quick and easy connections to Apple devices, alone with up to 40 hours of battery life.

beats3-800x535.jpg

Apple is running a promotion on some existing Beats headphones models as well, dropping the price of all Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones from $349.95 to $279.95, a $70 discount.

beatsskyline-800x226.jpg

The price drop includes the standard Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones as well as the Skyline collection in special colors.

mickeybeats3-800x603.jpg

Apple is also discounting the Mickey-branded 90th anniversary edition Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones, dropping the price from $299.95 to $224.95.

Article Link: Apple's Beats Brand Launches New 'Beats Club Collection' Solo3 Wireless Headphones

Reactions: trellus

trellus

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2007
Plano, TX
I like the new price point of $199.99, definitely closer to what they're worth than the old MSRP, and I think the colors are actually kind of cool except for the yellow which just looks atrocious to me.

Reactions: TrowaNY

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
These are some nicely bold colourways! I think they've all got potential to look good when worn, as long as the wearer is able to 'pull them off' and knows how to style colour.

The yellow will look fantastic on brown or black hair, and the red and navy set look like they could have been Hilfiger special editions.

It would be nice if they'd have kept some of the previous options alongside these - the purple & pink variant looked good. Agree with @metalsiren - they do need to get the H1 chip.

Reactions: trellus

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Apple: "New Beats products!"

Me: "Awesome. Charges with a USB-C cable, right?"

Apple: "Er, no."

Me: "Ok, Lightning port at least then, right?"

Apple: "Uh, nope. It's still micro-USB. Wanna try it?"

(crickets)

Reactions: Will.O.Bie

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Why does it say wireless on the side? Seems pretty obvious it has no wires.

I reckon it helps clue-in those people who are a bit behind on technology and wonder "where's the wire?".

Lol they had to drop the price of Mickey because no one wants to wear those things.

My daughter would love to wear the Mickey set (but currently hasn't saved up enough pocket money!). And I'm fairly sure there are plenty of Disney fans outside the tech niche who might also like to own these.

Reactions: scooterv51
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.