Apple's Black Friday Sales

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maddin4j, Nov 26, 2009.

1. maddin4j macrumors member

Hey the UK Apple Online Store has many special prices. There are no huge price cuts but yeah..anyways, check it out!

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/holiday/giftguide/black_friday?mco=MTU3MjMyMTU

The US online store is currently down. http://store.apple.com/us

Btw, has anyone of you seen this? I think Apple hopes that people buy the more expensive option if they can save one more penny:

[​IMG]

I hope they get rid of their current stock of MacBook Pros…so we can finally have our i5 and i7 Macs :p

2. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I'm sitting here waiting for the US store to open. : )

3. zbasarab macrumors member

4. iamp macrumors newbie

Regarding the $100 discount on iMac, do you, guys, think it's a good idea to spend $33 on 2-3 day shipping? I mean will it arrive faster? :)

5. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

The US store discounts are pathetic, barely enough to cover sales tax on some items...on the high end stuff not even half sales tax. 7% or so seems the top discount. The education store prices remain without any additional discount and are about the same as the main stores "discount" so there is no reason to purchase today over any day if you have access to the education discount.

Amazing how some companies give actual meaningful discounts and others make token gestures. 4 to 7% off is a sad effort.

6. infowarrior45 macrumors newbie

So, will the education store offer the same discount after today as the main store "discount" right now on the iPod Touch 64GB?? I am wondering if I should buy today. The 64GB is now at $358 instead of $399...about a 10% off discount. Does Apple usually have comparable sales later this year or right after Christmas, or is this the best sale of the year??

7. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

I cant say on the touch as I only ever look at computers. The education store prices on computers are the same as the supposed Black Friday discount makes them in the regular store. It's not even 10% maybe 7% or so on the cheaper models and less on the higher end models since it's a fixed discount and not a percent off.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...check walmart for the iPod touch, they are almost those prices daily... I just printed out a flyer for the 64 GB iPT for $364 and my base NEX will match that price (and I don't have to worry about getting a re-shipping service to send it to me as :apple: pathetically doesn't ship to armed services FPO/APO addresses:mad:)...

9. infowarrior45 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. The reason I am ordering from the Apple store is the engraving...makes it really unique. I know to get it from the Apple store ends up costing a lot with the tax in comparison to a Touch without the engraving:(. Oh well. My main decision is whether to buy right now, or wait a bit in case a camera comes to the Touch soon. Personally, I don't think we'll see one until next September at the traditional iPod refresh.

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I have a 1st gen iPT (16GB) and I was/am waiting for 2 things to happen... 64 GB minimum and a camera... it should have been put in this time but had manufacturing issues... hopefully next year I can give my 1st gen iPT to my wife and get the current gen I've been waiting for...

11. I'm 5 ft 8 macrumors regular

I'm 5 ft 8

I was thinking about getting a Nano. In Canada the regular price for a 16 g is $199.00 They have them on sale [today only ] for $188.00. If I was to go in to the Apple store on any day and buy a nano I would get 10% off which would bring the price down to 179.00.