Apples diversity report. Is what Apples doing right?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by The Doctor11, Sep 21, 2014.

1. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Warning swearing in video

I think this guys is 100% right Apple should be hiring the best people for the job with out caring about diversity numbers at all. I actually think it can be kinda racist to hire people just to make the diversity numbers better. What do you think?

2. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

3. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That video is clearly racist. Why the hate? It's just love.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You expect me to watch that crap? I made it to 1:14.

5. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

No I think he has some good points. Apple could possibly being racist. Hiring people just for their numbers to be better is racist. Another good point this guy makes is only the tech industry releases these diversity reports.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

http://www.kelloggdiversityandinclusion.com

not true.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That guy mostly rants. He also assumes that they would make choices based on fulfilling diversity goals. This is different from trying to appeal to groups that are not well represented within the tech industry.

8. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Watched about 20 seconds of the video, heard his condescending tone, knew what it would be about, stopped video.

Next thread.

While I think these kinds of diversity reports are purely for PR and are almost comically shameless I don't care to hear some conservative/libertarian nut spout out about freedom to discriminate and freedom or whatever else.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you don't gather the data you don't know what's happening.

If you aren't diverse enough it could be that your recruitment processes are ignoring certain candidates.

10. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I made it through the video and the just of it he was ranting against all diversity reports and companies should just hire the best person for the job but along the way not discriminate against anyone. He just did the whole thing ranting on Apple and the tech companies for doing these reports dimply for PR. ;)

11. ScottishDuck macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

Yeah post one and were talking about it being racism because joe everywhite doesn't get the jobs.

Whatever.