Apple's Fear Of Top 6 Samsung Android Phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maclaptop, Jun 20, 2011.

1. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

We all read that article on Apple having enough liquid money to buy most of their competitors, right?

I think they're comfortable. Far from fearful.

4. maclaptop thread starter macrumors 65816

maclaptop

While some may regurgitate the well worn responses such as reminding readers about Apple's vast supply of cash, facts are facts. And the fact is nothing continues forever, if the industry lived in denial headlines like this would not be printed.

Statements of questionable credibility in a very competitive market fail to impress.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Look Yoda, we don't take kindly to you jimmying all of that oddity into the English language.

Now cut it out, or else.

6. DanteMann macrumors 6502

All things eventually come to an end. Apple customers love to sell the iOS is just smoother angle. But Android has not only closed the gap, they passed it. Bottom Line: Samsung definitely has Apple worried.
    You just have to do a little reading on the depth of what Samsung does. Their product line doesn't end with mobile devices. Apple customers talk about ecosystems, but no one is currently in line to give you the whole deal in terms of an ecosystem like Samsung is. The depth of their product line up is ridiculous. They have exclusives like the Gorgeous Super Amoled Plus screen. It's just heads and shoulders above every other display out there at the moment. And to all the retina lovers out there, you know it will be only a matter of year or 2 at max that they get a SuperAmoled with 300+ dpi on their phones. The SGS2 just destroys anything on the market currently. Unlike before, there has never been such an overwhelming majority of reviewers in the industry who have declared a phone other than the iPhone as the best phone on the market. The next iPhone will be great I'm sure. I just don't believe they will come out with anything that will be mind blowing. Times have changed, the iPhone is no longer the bar for smartphones. It was bound to happen. Nothing is forever.Technology is moving faster than ever, and Apple isn't the kind of company that moves at that speed. Just look at the history of the iPhone. But with that all being said, regardless of what high end phone you buy these days, your gonna have an amazing electronic device.

Just wondering, is there anyone on these forums who doesn't consider Samsung as Apples biggest threat in taking over the mobile industry?

7. Pmoser macrumors member

Imagine having your tv, blue ray player, cell phone, laptops, cameras and all your home appliances all from the same company

8. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

I have been noticing that more smartphone reviews are coming out and they are comparing new smartphones the Samsung Galaxy S II. At this rate the iphone 5 reviews will compare it to the Samsung Galaxy S II.

9. wxman2003, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011

wxman2003 Suspended

The only people worried are the people who buy Samsung products. Cheap crap that has no customer support. How many Samsung Stores have you walked into lately? Sorry, you have to go through K-Mart, or Wal Mart or one of the other box stores when you have problems. I'm sure those geniuses at Wal mart or Best Buy can help you. Samsung, yea, that's quality.

I don't because I don't buy crap.

10. Pmoser macrumors member

You must just be an apple fan boy. Have you used a Samsung TV, Samsung blue ray or DVD player. Also this so called crap Samsung makes is in your iPhone.

11. Pmoser macrumors member

12. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

When I think of ecosystem, I really think of the Content, Apps and their delivery before I think of Hardware. Of course you also need hardware. Regarding delivery and Samsung I am most disappointed with the TV "Internet and App" offering. I think they could have done a much better job. To me there is no comparison to the AppleTV for delivery. If they want to compete with Apple then they need to start there with a major upgrade. I have 3 Samsung TV's but I haven't used the Internet Stuff since my original review when I got the TVs last year.

13. DanteMann macrumors 6502

This so called crap is in your iPhone. But I get it, you hate Samsung, and love Apple. No problem. It's your right. But no real point in getting so angry that Samsung has such an incredible phone that is getting quite the welcome.

14. wxman2003 Suspended

Yes i use to own a Samsung TV. A DLP HDTV that was junk. Got rid of It. Yes, a Samsung Blu Ray player. Returned it. Junk. If you want a real blu ray player you get an OPPO. 1000 times better. You want a real HDTV, get a used Pioneer Elite. A 5 year old Elite will beat anything Samsung can make right now. I buy quality, not junk.

15. Pmoser macrumors member

16. wxman2003 Suspended

You are just a troll who owns nothing from Apple, but yet you feel you have this need to come to an Apple forum to make up for your failings. Sorry you have such a lousy life. You could go to a samsung forum, oh wait, they don't have any.

17. mrochester macrumors 65816

False.

Apple are suing Samsung because they believe thay have infringed on their IP. I'm not entirely sure how that translates to fear...

18. wxman2003 Suspended

Gee looking at all your 16 posts, they are all about Samsung. Seems like another troll with no life. Go to android forums are read about the so called "great" quality of Samsung products. You don't because it would break you little heart.

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I think the biggest thing about apples concerns is not so much the American market but the Asian and European markets.
    Yes the iPhones are very popular however android platforms are as well.
    Samsung is huge and has a lot of manufacturing floor that can easily be allocated to other companies. Does Apple need Samsung more than Samsung needs Apple? That is something that isn't really mentioned in the number of articles emerging on this subject.
    It's no doubt that some of samsungs phones hint at the iPhones, mainly the 3Gs. Apple is make the 3x iPhone pretty much obsolete with iOS 5. At what pony will ATT stop selling the 3GS?
    Personally I like the 3Gs running 3.1.x jailbroken better than the ip4 not jailbroken.
    Apple is at the mercy of the manufacturers and their word that they won't use, share, borrow apples ip.
    Perhaps apple should take about $20billion and set up their own manufacturing process. Or is Apple worried about their gadgets will run their lusture in a few years and they will be stuck with empty factories?
    The iPod market is already slowing down. The iPhone and iPad maybe the only profitable gadgets left. If apple says the PC era is over then their Mac line will be slowing down.
    That's a lot of risk For stock holders to swallow.
    Cutting out look a likes might be the beginning of apples last stance.

20. Pmoser, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011

Pmoser macrumors member

Yes because I'm the one who has no life. When your on the internet attacking someone you dont even know.

21. naths macrumors 6502

I dont think apple could buy samsung...vice versa more like....

22. wxman2003 Suspended

Sorry I called you out about those great products you said i never tried. Guess you don't like it when people have tried the products and deem they are junk.

Here you go. Just go read all the great reviews.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2/

23. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are we sure this article has any credibility? The editors can't even spot a simple error like injection when it should be injunction.

24. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Fear is a strong word. But of course Apple is concerned with what Samsung and other Android competitors are doing. Anyone who actually thinks that Apple thinks it is untouchable and that it doesn't need to worry about current or future competition from Android is deluding themselves.

That said, the shared article is rubbish. Mainly this quote:

Did Apple file suit to hurt Samsung? Sure. But filing a lawsuit to prevent Samsung from selling phones until September? Ridiculous. Good luck getting the courts to move that fast.

25. wxman2003 Suspended

Pretty much a low life when you post a link basically implying those who perform in the Special Olympics as retarded. Real class buddy, real class.