Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
I love Apple and my PowerMac and all, but this quote from Apple's recent press release about the Grammy they just won made me roll my eyes:
From the original Macintosh®, the first personal computer to include built-in audio capabilities, Apple has helped change the way music is written, recorded, mixed and enjoyed
Where the heck do they get off saying the Mac was "...the first personal computer to include built-in audio..."?

I know, I know, it's nothing big, but it is a flat out lie. Hell, my Commodore 64 had (arguably) better audio capabilities that the original Mac did, not to mention what Atari had too. The original Amiga kicked the Mac's butt with 4 8 bit DA converters.

Maybe it's because I'm a software engineer at a large company, but marketing people really set me off sometimes with crap like this. (All those Dilbert cartoons about how engineers and marketing get along are true!!!!)

Thanks for listening to my silly rant!

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Agreed. Atari's did much more for the music industry - since the mid 80s all thier computers has built in MIDI, and early 90s combined that with a powerful DSP.
Sometimes Apple disapointes me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.