Apple's iPhone 6 and iWatch Event - The Pre Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheDeviceUser, Sep 9, 2014.

1. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

So, there is now just under 6 hours until Apple's 'Wish we could say more' iPhone 6 and iWatch event. It's going to be an exciting time!

So, here's a big 'pre discussion' thread.

How excited are you?
    What are you expecting?
    How will you be watching?

Get discussing!

2. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Very excited. Why? Praying my 100 shares of aapl double in 6 months, LOL. :D

3. inthecup macrumors regular

Like they say ... Buy the stock not the product $$$

4. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Very excited. Will be watching the live stream on the Apple site and also a live blog; probably Gizmodo's or The Verge, since I don't think I'll be watching the whole event live streamed, maybe the first part only.

5. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Nervous as hell to see if the 5.5" version is real or not..... (going to do the wave all in my lonesome if it turns out to be real, probably spilling my single malt all over myself... :D)

6. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

I always have the Live Stream on a TV, then a external display on a table with the Engadget photo's (However, the photo's usually come in faster than the stream! :( ) and I use my MacBook to just browse the MacRumors forums!

----------

I'd say it could go either way. I really don't know. But remember, Apple almost always brings out a surprise at every Keynote, which is something we don't expect.

E.g Swift, 64-bit A7 ect..

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I usually have MR open and a couple of live blogs. Yes, I forgot about Engadget, just bookmarked their live blog page :D

8. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for some nice surprises! :) Top of the list of things I want to know more about is what iOS 8 release version will be like, and the probable one-handed mode for the iPhone 6+ (if it's real....ahhhh please!!).

At any rate I'm totally pumped for the live stream and won't be missing a second of it.

9. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I'm very excited to see what they announce. I believe there will be a 4.7" phone (of course), a 5.5" phone to be released within the next couple of months, and an IWatch (that I had not considered buying until a couple of days ago and now I think I'll probably buy). And IOS 8 of course.

I have a class from 2-4:30 EST so I'll be going early to get there by 1 and watch the stream from Apple's site on my MacBook Pro. At least until my class starts. Anything that happens after 2 I'll have to catch up on when I get home.

10. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

My personal thought is that the big 'shock' today could be the iWatch price, I'm guessing $199 or $249. But also the iWatch releas date, I honestly think it'll come out this year, quite possibly late November or early December, but I just don't think it'll be 2015. I think this'll shock people. You have to remember, the 2015 rumors could well have been put out by apple to surprise people.

11. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone think it's a bit weird that the Apple Store went down so early? Usually it's only down 1-2 hours before the event, this time it about 6 hours. Could that indicate more products than normal need to be added? iWatch pre-orders?

Also, I noticed that Apple has been advertising the event on Google, I got a 'Google Ad' at the top of the page when I searched apple saying.

Apple Live Event 9 Sept.‎
    Adwww.apple.com/live/‎
    Our special event will be on apple.com. You should be too.

They never do that! I think this is something huge!

12. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I'm not excited, but very curious.
    Honestly I don't care about the iWatch, I stopped wearing watches years ago and although I think there will be a market for apps I won't be in that business for now.

I'm looking forward to buying a new phone and I want a bigger display since I'm no more happy with my iPhone 5, so I really want to know more about iPhone 6.
    And as a developer I need to know its resolution and what can be done for mobile payments, if NFC will make it to the iPhone, if there is something new they didn't tell us about iOS 8 during WWDC.

Is going to be a huge event, I just hope they won't let me down

13. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

My speaker will be off if U2 plays. Just give me the hardcore facts please.

14. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Not very
    An upsized iPhone 5s to 4.7" and 5.5" with an "upgraded" chip and NFC. Announcement of the watch but no release until 2015.
    No, following on a live blog most likely.

15. recoil80 macrumors 68000

They may be there and play a few songs after the announcement. By then I'll be eating my dinner before getting back to MR and twitter to join the discussions

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

1. :)
    2. :(
    3. >---o

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

18. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

Amen. Their taste in music is not my taste in music.

19. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

One of the overlooked things I think is the lack of talk on how the iWatch will charge. I think it has to charge wirelessly and I think Apple will do the same with the iPhone 6. I think everyone is used to plugging in phone, but not a watch - to have to plug in a watch would be a very un-Apple product.

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm actually excited now...just got the mrs to agree to me upgrading so I'll probably wait a few weeks when things slow down and then make my move.