Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
In the days before the event, there were small hints that Apple workers were busy behind the curtain -- updating Apple's Streaming site so the mac faithful could view the announcements in real time.

In the hours before the event, a small slip (presumably) accidently revealed the Webcast url, and allowed it to be posted on this site... sadly, the site may not have been able to handle the resources required or it was deactived. It's still unclear who (if anyone) the live stream was for.

After the event, a visit back to the same site, now brings us a link to Apple's Music Event speech:

Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs present announcements from the Moscone Center in San Francisco that will be music to your ears. See the MPEG-4 webcast presentation right here exclusively in QuickTime . It's an event you don't want to miss.

The link provides a good quality stream and is currently playing in a loop.

zigi

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2003
Worth a look

Nice to see it at last. The service rules!! Apple == Innovation

Comment

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Re: Worth a look

Originally posted by zigi
Nice to see it at last. The service rules!! Apple == Innovation

Its funny then that apple had no live feeds - audio or video. I watched it live from MSNBC (at least thats what i think it was)

Comment

myrdred23

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Hmm anyone have a problem w/ live feeds in quicktime, where quicktime shows it for 2 seconds or so, then just freezes, its really annoying. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? btw im using latest version of quicktime and latest version of jaguar

Comment

bignumbers

macrumors regular
May 9, 2002
How depressing I had to watch this in Media Player. I'd never downloaded it before today. Sad sad sad. No idea why Apple didn't webcast it for the masses.

Certainly looked like a keynote though. Who was in the audience? I thought it was a press-only event...

Comment

alia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2003
Orlando, FL
Wow, this stinks! I was hoping all day that I could catch it when I got home from school, but it's stopped looping. :(

Maybe they'll post another broadcast later. *sniff*

Alia

Comment

avus

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by bignumbers
How depressing I had to watch this in Media Player. I'd never downloaded it before today. Sad sad sad.

No kidding. I was also amused by the MSNBC's description of the webcast - I didn't write it down, but something like "Apple's attempt to fight on-line priracy" blah blah blah. When did MS become the protector of original ideas? :rolleyes:

Comment

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
I also watched the MSNBC stream of it - very crappy stream!

And had to use IE - lucky I had alread downloaded Windows Media Player - knew it would come in handy one day :)

I was getting sick of jobs continually demoing the music server. Yeah, we got the idea :p

Also, thanks must go out to arn for the continuous report! Good job.

James.

Comment

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I watched the stream provided by MSNBC (crappy Windows Media Player). I was only able to watch 15 minutes or so before I had to go to class. I watched it in it's entirety from Apple's website when I got back. I was impressed:D

Comment

rockman2023

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
NYC
When i clicked the link at Apple's stream page at about 6pm EST, i caught the last 5 minutes of it? weird...

i'll be sure to check it out again

Comment

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Originally posted by myrdred23
Hmm anyone have a problem w/ live feeds in quicktime, where quicktime shows it for 2 seconds or so, then just freezes, its really annoying. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? btw im using latest version of quicktime and latest version of jaguar

I havn't been able to stream any (apple) events in my QT since QT 6 came out... I have streamed some other stuff... just not from the apple website.

Comment

LimeiBook86

macrumors 604
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
aawwwwww...

I wasn't able to catch the webcast but I saw something on CNBC with Steve Jobs, he was talking about the Music Service and the iPod and how Apple was first in Video editing and DVD burning. The lady acted like she was rushing him. The lady asked Jobs a question about SARS, and Jobs said something and it got boring then it was over. I taped the last 5 seconds of it on video tape. I wrote a summary of it on my webpage with a picture that I took form my TV. I hope you enjoy. Go take a look: http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/applenews.html Enjoy! :rolleyes: :D

Comment

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
link?

anyone got a link for the stream that works or the MSNBC stream? I'd really like to watch it.

-marc

Comment

Agasthya

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2003
For everyone having the problem with QuickTime freezing after a few seconds of the stream:

Trash the 3ivx component. It has a known conflict with MPEG4 streams.

Good luck.

Comment

bones

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2001
Originally posted by Agasthya
For everyone having the problem with QuickTime freezing after a few seconds of the stream:

Good luck.

Um, what stream? Its been down for hours.

Comment

Agasthya

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by bones
Um, what stream? Its been down for hours.

Any MPEG4 stream on Apples site.

And it has been down for maybe 2 hrs (albeit that is hours, but not as long as you're making it sound).

Comment

nighttraitor

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2003
Originally posted by Agasthya

Good luck.

I have the same problem and do not have the 3ivx component installed. Anybody have any ideas for a solution? differents ports or anything?

Thanx

Comment

nighttraitor

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2003
Ok I'm just stupid. It takes a while for the movie to load. Especially if you have instant-on set to immediate.

Cheers

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.